1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Homosexuality is the only thing religious interpret literally!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by catgoturtongue, Sep 1, 2013.

1. catgoturtongue

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey you guys. As you know, religious love to attack us using the Bible, that if a man lies with another man is an abomination and they must be put to death. Living with a very religious mom, I hear it almost everyday.

And this is the only thing on the bible they interpret literally! Other passages they don't give a shit. Take a look on some absurds on that book, I've select some for you:

The passage that says man must not cut their hair or beard:
    Leviticus 19:27 "Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard."

A woman in period must be isolated for one week:
    Leviticus 15:19 "When a woman has a discharge, and the discharge in her body is blood, she shall be in her menstrual impurity for seven days, and whoever touches her shall be unclean until the evening."

A disobedient child must be put to death:
    Deuteronomy 21:18-21 "And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you" It's ironic that they don't want US to adopt children Hahaha.

Women should not speak in the church:
    Corinthians 14:33-35 "As in all the congregations of the saints, women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says. If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church."

A woman that is not virgin on her wedding day must be put to death:
    Deuteronomy 22:20-21 "If, however, the charge is true and no proof of the young woman’s virginity can be found, she shall be brought to the door of her father’s house and there the men of her town shall stone her to death."

Eating shellfish is an abomination:
    Leviticus 11:10 "And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you"

I live with a very religious mom. So I know what is like to hear shit about gay people everyday :/
    And amuses that homosexuality is the only thing interpreted literally! It's not fair!

Well, this was something I wanted to share with you guys. Leave your opinions for me please :slight_smile: Sorry for any writing mistake.

2. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I just have something to add quick. You do realize that this is the Family, Friends and Relationships thread...right?

3. qwr42

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    *sigh* just dont assume all christians are against it.
    This video takes every biblical argument against being gay and debunks it.
    The Gay Debate: The Bible and Homosexuality - YouTube

However if you show any rightwing christian this they will start calling you blasphemous or word-twister.

"the bible is very clear" no its not, the bible was written in ancient dialects in 3 different ancient languages, suddenly nothing is crystal.

4. Choirboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Take note of the quotes referenced, too--although the people who toss them around call themselves, and are always labeled, "Christians", only one of the quotes (from Corinthians) is actually from the Christian era, and NONE of them are ascribed to Christ himself. Christ has a lot to say about love and justice and fairness, but you would be hard-pressed to find any quote where he personally condemned any type of relationship whatsoever.

5. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    THANK YOU for this.

Can I reblog it so I may have it as future reference? :slight_smile:

6. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Corrected title for accuracy:

Homosexuality is one of the few things certain right-wing fundamentalist christians interpret literally!

Also it's only a recent development that most of those things have started to be ignored mainstream anyway so with a little luck this one will go as well. There are plenty of other things taken literally as well...

7. catgoturtongue

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    [​IMG]

---------- Post added 1st Sep 2013 at 09:57 AM ----------

What? I'm sorry I didn't get your comment.

8. Adi

Adi

Out Status:
    A few people
    Gays are a minority, and being gay isn't something that concerns the heterosexual majority. It's easy to pick on gays to feel high and mighty.

---------- Post added 1st Sep 2013 at 10:19 PM ----------

Do you include the Pope in this category? All the Christians in the world don't all live in America, you know.

#8 Adi, Sep 1, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2013
  9. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    + 1