1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused Ex's Party?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Redd, Sep 1, 2013.

1. Redd

Out Status:
    Some people
    This is kind of long but I feel like I need to include a little background-

About a year and a half ago, I dated the person who was, at the time, my best friend. Probably not a good idea in the first place, but an even worse idea because she either is, or just refuses to believe that she isn't, straight. We were together for 3 months though, so I'm not entirely sure if it was just a random, one time thing, or if she just doesn't want to accept who she is. Anyway, she doesn't want anyone to know she ever had any same-sex attractions, ever.

Fast forward to now, and she pretends it never happened. We're still the same people we were before, we were never more than friends, there is absolutely no tension, the past year and half just doesn't exist in her mind. On the other hand, I can't let go of what happened. She went from best friend, to girl friend, to someone who didn't see anything wrong with telling me I could go kill myself. Honestly, I don't know how I forgave her for that, but somehow I did. Now, we're "friends," but with complications that she doesn't seem to be aware of.

So here's the situation I'm up against now- She's having this big joint birthday party thing with her best friend, and I know she wants it to be really special and perfect. Her best friend is another friend of mine, but I would't say we're all that close (but she seems to think we are? idk, people confuse me). If I don't go, both of them would be upset about it. If I do, I'll be at my ex's birthday party having a nervous breakdown. If I don't, I'll still be having a nervous breakdown anyway because I'll have to make up some excuse about why I can't go and I really hate the idea of lying to both of them. Either way, it's going to be a rough night, but.... do I go? :confused: