1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oh no...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by GayTeen, Sep 2, 2013.

1. GayTeen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So me and my boyfriend have had a wonderful relationship for the past month. We were texting tonight and I mentioned that I was going to a residence school next year (11th grade). I assumed I had already told him, but aparently I didn't. He is in shock and I can't tell how he feels over text messages, but he's pulled the whole "Well, I'm happy for you," quote.

What should I do????????

2. Saint Otaku

Perhaps you should meet up with him in person and talk with him about it, tell him what's on your mind. Emotion doesn't cross over with a text message very well...

3. GayTeen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's what I'm scared about. I can't tell if he's just shocked or actually hurt by this.

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Even though it might not be an easy conversation, I agree that you should talk with your boyfriend in person, which of course will be about the only way (unless he explicitly mentions to you how he feels about you going to residence school) you will be able to see how he feels about it. Seeing him in person, would also give you a chance to talk things over on how to move forward from hereon.

5. Saint Otaku

That's why you attack this topic as soon as the next live opportunity presents itself! If he's unhappy, the longer the wait the worse you'll both feel. If you can't see him for a while, you might even want to try calling him, but it's your choice anyhow. Besides, if he cares much for you and has an ounce of maturity, his anger should dissolve shortly after actually having a conversation. Good luck! :slight_smile: