1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help plz

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Kennbenn, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Kennbenn

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I like my best friend from church he's the pastors son but I like him I've seen him only with his underware on but I love him and I'm not sure if he'll like me back but he's really in to the bible so any help plz

2. LILuke

Despite the strong connections between religion and anti-homosexual sentiments, this is not true for all individuals. I consider myself a devout Catholic and well...here I am. Of course there are still lots of people who use their religion as justification for their hatred, but there are still plenty of people who are religious and yet have enough of a brain in their head to realize that being LGBT is perfectly fine. So while I can't guarantee that your friend will like you back, there's no guarantee that he'll react as negatively as you might think either.

Unfortunately this is an occupational hazard of being LGBT, you have no way of knowing if the object of your affections is going to be willing to consider such a relationship without asking - and I know from experience just how intimidating a prospect that can be. The only advice I can give you is, in the words of John Green, "Use your words!" If he really is your best friend, then you have to believe that if nothing else, he will be understanding even if he doesn't like you.

Of course this becomes something of a more serious problem if you're still in the closet and don't want people to start knowing just yet. If that's the the case then it's up to you when you are ready to start letting people know.

I wish you the best of luck. :slight_smile:

3. Saint Otaku

^ good advice

As a gay Christian, I'd like to say that I would melt into a puddle if a boy from church said he liked me (but I'd probably do that if approached likewise by any boy in whom I have the slightest interest) :grin:

Do you have any suspicions of him having homosexual tendencies?