1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My past/School life

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by RoyalRed, Sep 4, 2013.

1. RoyalRed

RoyalRed Guest

Out Status:
    A few people
    I remember a horrible day that i believed would be one of the most fun days of my life. but it turned out to be one of the most worst times i have to remember. 15 i remember sitting in class and we had to pick where we wanted to go there was going to be classes held teaching about history to silence to exstange students anything really. One of the topics came up as two girls going to talk about being lesbians around this time i was trying to understand my own sexuality i didn't yet know i was homoflexible and i didn't have a clue what i was but i new i wasn't straight. So first thing i thought was maybe that might help me maybe i can ask questions....(I was a kinda foolish kid never thought before i acted)
    And turns out as soon as the teacher brang the topic up the class broke out in "Gay jokes" and Gay insults. some even makeing fun of the topic. The as late as i was to notice i relized the world wasn't accepting of this fact and i became scared. the teacher asked me if i wanted to go and i wanted to say yes i would love to. But right when she asked me the class rooms attention turned to me and i got the looks of "Don't" i hardly new my class but that look scared me. I looked at the teacher and i said no. I regret this i really really regret it badly. the teacher assumed i hated it like the others and said its not wrong. I remember not responding i new it wasn't wrong but i couldn't see infront of me the class laughing. and my first fears of started. I heard that no one ever saw them girls or listend to them no one went other then teachers only a few and like 3 kids.
    I felt horrible i felt it was my fault that i could have been there to listen but the fear over took me. :frowning2: Has anyone had this exsperince like me before? how did it make you feel? And do you think i should have been there sometmes i wonder if i could have somehow made a diffrence. but its a silly thought.
    ( SOrry for the bad spelling)

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't beat yourself up over a classroom full of idiots!

Teenagers suck, make fun of things they don't understand and can make the wrong people feel like shit without thinking about it. It sucks for the two girls who were going to talk but unless you thought you wanted to take on the whole class at once and stand up for them (which incidentally is the teachers job) then what else could you do?

Your teacher is the one in the wrong here not you, they should have put a stop to that after the first joke was finished...