1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting Someone Interested in Me

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by KazTastic, Sep 5, 2013.

1. KazTastic

Hi,

I've become friends with this guy and I've started to like him. He's definitely bi and single (according to his Facebook profile), but I don't know if he likes me in that way.

Of course, the only way to find out is to ask him, but we don't know each other that well, and I feel that I should probably strengthen our friendship and charm him first.

However, I'm not exactly sure how to do the latter. I don't exactly have looks on my side (there's a photo of me in my gallery), but I feel like I can make up for it in personality and confidence. However, I'm not exactly sure what to say to him/do with him to get him interested in me. According to one of our mutual friends, he takes compliments really well, but if I keep giving him compliments, he would probably notice that I'm trying a bit too hard. If I just talk to him about mutual interests though, it would seem that I'm not trying hard enough, and that I just want to be friends with him (which isn't exactly a bad thing).

Granted, if I'm not his type, I'd probably try to stay friends with him if possible.

Can someone please help me?

Thank You!

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you've largely answered your own question, here. Regardless of where things go, the first step is going to be talking to him and getting to know him better - you don't necessarily have to "charm" him. So strike up a conversation, about whatever you like. :slight_smile: And you never know - let him make his own judgment about whether or not you "have looks on your side."