1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I cant stop thinking about him

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by kylegf2011, Sep 5, 2013.

1. kylegf2011

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This summer I went on a summer program abroad, and when it was about to end, I met this guy :bang: he was amazing!! he was really cute, we got to know each other and had a great time... but it was too short, I had to leave, and now I can´t stop thinking about him :icon_sad:

Im sad because it ended so soon, and yet it was one of the best things of the whole summer. Im also sad because it might have not meant to him what it meant to me, and I dont know why this makes me feel so sad.

I just needed to talk about it... I think its ridiculous I feel this way about him because it was such a short period of time... yet I cant stop thinking about him, I miss him so much :tears:

I never thougth someone would find me attractive, and he apparently did, and said he liked me, and that he didnt want to share me :icon_sad:.... I feel like this is never going to happen to me again :icon_sad:

2. Saint Otaku

Don't feel so down; not to give you a big head, but from your profile you seem plenty attractive. Granted, the gay community does come off as a bit superficial and promiscuous, but this doesn't apply to every guy, so keep heart and keep going! It's not unusual that you would be very attached to someone who knew you only shortly yet treated you very well, but you need to think realistically about your own happiness. Good luck!

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Kyle... you need to start working on believing that you're a cute, sweet guy that would be a good catch for anyone... because you are :slight_smile: I know that may be difficult to believe, but that's what shame does to us; it makes us believe that we're unworthy of love and belonging.

Clearly this guy saw something special in you, and there will be plenty of others who will see the same thing. The catch is, as has already been stated, it can be a little challenging when there's so much shallowness in the gay community. But if you keep putting yourself out there, in the right places (i.e, not clubs, bars, and hookup apps), you'll find someone. :slight_smile:

And... keep working on believing in yourself. That's really important. :slight_smile:

4. kylegf2011

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks for the responses :slight_smile: I just miss him so much :frowning2: I don´t even know if that´s normal. But I miss him, and he lives in a country very far away from mine :frowning2:

And I don´t know why but I feel Im so low for the gay standards, like gay guys are very attractive, and I feel Im just not attractive at all, which is why I couldn´t believe this really cute guy (and nice too) liked me

5. darth vader

You're smitten! Why not keep in touch with him?

6. Californiacoast

So here's the thing. Have you ever REALLY thought about that rainbow flag? All the colors? I think about all the different gay men it represents. (some may say LGBT community) You made ONE connection that felt great. You miss that. I get it. Many of us have been there. It is easy to miss and get depressed about how great that felt and focus on it. But think about that rainbow flag. SO many different gay men out there. You might not see it now, but there are probably men everyday that are checking you out. YES you. It takes focus and awareness. Think about what types of qualities in your overseas romance that you liked. Then think about what you don't like. Be picky. I see more guys, including myself, lol, going into relationships just because a guy is cute, not really seeing a bigger picture.

Chip is right, and not just because he is from Norcal like me, lol. Presenting yourself as someone worthy of the next relationship will enhance the chances of meeting someone sooner than later. You are worthy. You rock! So many fish in the sea, colors in the flag, gay men to meet. Go for quality!