1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Straight or Bi?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by 4AllEternity, Sep 5, 2013.

1. 4AllEternity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just met this guy in the rave scene (which is pretty open sexual orientation wise) who I had a really great feeling about. We both have similar interests and really get along. I got a good gay vibe from him when I first met, I was partially crossdressing as part of my costume at the party, which he seemed to really dig. He kept going on about the skirt/kilt, beyond what a merely friendly straight guy would have. Plus he kept shooting me these sort of curious looks (not inviting looks, but sort of appraising looks).

We exchanged facebooks and talked a little a few days after, and I got a mega gay vibe in that he was incredibly flirty over chat, in little bits of conversation such as when I mentioned my headphones were "orgasmically good", to which he replied "orgasmic eh :wink:". Similar flirty exchanges kept regularly happening until I was 90% sure this guy was gay. Then he suddenly says he's kind of ticked off because a girl he was supposed to be with at that party was there with another guy. So I was sorta really dissapointed, but sucked it up and figured I at least made a good straight friend I really meshed well with. Still even after that, we still had this little flirty game going on, with me saying something suggestive and then him responding equally. Finally I decided to heck with it, and tossed him my cell number telling him to give me a shout the next party we're both at, then call it a night. He drags out saying goodnight, saying it over again a few times :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

The next day, he texts me saying hey. Well I figured it was him, but since I didn't have his number, I wasn't 100% sure it was him. When I ask who the person is, he replies "I'm your worst nightmare, bite the pillow, I'm going in dry". I LOLed figuring who it was, but again, getting a serious gay vibe :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. Again we have this flirty dialogue that he keeps going, and finally I was just starting to think "Maybe he's bi?" when he drops the same thing as yesterday, saying "Had a shitty day, I was supposed to bang this girl but she bailed again".

I'm so fucking confused. I wouldn't be bothering posting this or pursueing it further if we didn't mesh so well, I'm definetly not at the stage where I have a hopeless crush on him. But I'm intrigued by how aggressively he seems to be flirting with me, even when I make some pretty clear advances myself. He'd have to be insane to not have at least figured out I'm at least bisexual, if not gay, and definetly into him, considering how flirty I've been. Yet then he acts as if we're just bros. I don't want to make things weird by asking him (if it turns out he's straight as an arrow), since I'd be happy to be bros with him. But at the same time, I get a major gay (well bi vibe at best, considering he's expressed how he feels towards women) vibe from him, and I think he's super cute, so definetly don't want to miss out on that. Any ideas or similar experiences?

He's a really cute looking guy, sorta twinky looking. Pretty confident and popular. Despite him mentioning trying to hook up with two girls, I see no evidence of him having been in any serious relationship on his FB (hetero or gay).

2. Californiacoast

Oh, 4all, I so get this. I just spent the whole day with my straight buddy, mostly at the beach, hiking the dunes, eating dinner at a seafood shack, and watching the sun set. He and I chat like school girls and do things like we were dating. He calls me ALL the time, seriously. He knows I am gay. We were at a big club this weekend in San Francisco and he got a little drunk and flirty.

The thing is, I just take it with a grain of salt. I think straight guys can be open minded and just like having a gay friend. Pretty sure he is into girls. I just wouldn't get your hopes up too high.

3. 4AllEternity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, I haven't fallen head over heels for him or anything, but damn, I really wish/hope he is gay since he's exactly my type. The one difference is it's not like we've been friends for a long time and are just comfortable around each other; I've only known him for less than a week, and he's been really flirty right from the beginning. Still, he might just not realize that I'm not sure whether to take him seriously, he's probably just a kidder. Still, there's a minute possibility which will probably become clearer (if it's there) the next couple of times I'm around him.