1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my family is against gays and gay marriage

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Macabremelody, Sep 6, 2013.

1. Macabremelody

I realized i was interested in girls at a young age like 16 and i was always told that it was a sin and gays go to hell so i was always afraid and hid it or tried to my first kiss ever was with a girl my first girlfriend and it was kind of a surprise because she first asked me what i would do if she kissed me and i was stumbling and in the middle of a sentence when she kissed me i liked it alot but it left me confused and i told grandma what she did and she was disgusted and made me feel bad about it and later that year she kissed me in front of the classroom and than i started getting picked on that's when i started cutting again and i even started to hurt myself badly but no one knew until a teacher saw my arm a few years later i was sent home after i was about to jump off the staircase i told my grandfather i was bi and he just looked at me with disgust and told me no i wasn't and i better not be and i'm just confused and it only made things worse one of my suicide notes once fell out of my backpack and a student found it and gave it to the bus driver and he was concerned and gave it to the principal who called in my bi crush who i mentioned and she recalled me talking to her about some things i mentioned in the note she begged me not to do it when she saw me i really had feelings for her but than her friends turned her against me and she became a bitch and it hurt me more my family always say that being gay is a sin and i grew up being ashamed and i think part of my issues are from my sexuality i really don't like my family i feel like im trapped in hell and grandma says she will always love me but will be disappointed if i date a girl i want to date a girl but im afraid of my family freaking out and my uncle says being gay is a misunderstanding of feelings as sexual not love and gay people don't know what they want and need help just thinking of this makes me want to cry and he was calling this transgender female who was a man who works where he works a thing or an it he kept saying she was not a woman and should die because "it" wasn't human and it killed me how he could say it and how inhuman he was being i have to stop writing right now im so upset i'm crying i hate how cruel people can be :tears:

2. Macabremelody

im just so afraid to be myself hell guys don't even turn me on much anymore

3. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic
    Dont listen to your family, they dont know better in this case, maybe they are people you love and admire, maybe you want their approval, and they probably have experience in many things and have helped you in the past. But they are not aleays right, parents and grand parents make mistakes.

Dont feel guilty about this, you havent done anything bad by being gay, there is nothing wrong with loving , there is nothing wrong with wanting to be with a girl and hold hands and having your bodies in contact and living in the same house, and lo ing each other, and walking in the park, listenig to music, watching movies, helping each other in hardship....there is nothing badabout it, as matter of fact what i just described what is also what i want, and it cannot be that for me pursuing that is good while for you is bad, just because you happen to be female and i a guy, that would be infinitely unfair.

I believe in God, but since a while my faith in god doesnt depend on any religion as i think no good god would send someone to hell just because you love someone. So your family dont have any reason or base to say all those ugly things.

Go to the world and love who you want to love, and lets hope your family change as they sees you happy with a woman. If not, that is their problem.

Now, on practical advice... Start as soon as possible to build a new family network composed by close friends, helpers, advicers, supporters, people you know personally, people at the internet (like us in EC), support groups (those where you go and meet other people and talk about your lives) ,make strong friendships, and above all be strong.

Is not going to be easy, certainly not, but you can do it with personal strength, and if you live throught it with persistence, one day you might find happyness. Dont give up, give life a chance, even if just out of curiosity of wanting to know what will life bring you next, you might get a good surpirse one day, specially if you have hope.

I will send you a thousand hugs and loves and kitties and rainbows and everything nice (*hug*)

:goodluck:

4. Macabremelody

i know alot of guys like me and i guess me trying to be with them is my way of making my family happy but even though i'm with them i don't feel happy i mean if they send me pics its a turn off but idk how to tell them pictures of guy parts don't do anything to help how i feel i even looked them up online and i was grossed out especially by the cum shots i really hate my family yes they support me after i hurt myself or do something stupid but i didn't know why i did that stuff until now and yes i was being bullied and they don't understand i try to like guys but i think men are pigs i don't really know when men actually started to disgust me and when i start talking to guys usually the topic becomes sexual and idk how it got that way men always use me and ever since i realized women turned me on more it make me realize that no matter how hard i tried to like guys more i knew it wouldn't happen

5. Your family sounds like an amplified version of mine. Yeah don't listen to them, and don't sacrifice who you are or what you want just to make them happy. It isn't worth it. You only have one life and you need to pursue your own happiness.

I wish you the best (*hug*)

6. Macabremelody

i wish i had a new family

7. SouthernPangun

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    As I was reading your first post I was almost like :tears: and when I finished it and all I just wanted to (*hug*). I'm repeating the same track as everyone above me, don't listen to your family.

Real families support each other through everything no matter what it is. If your family can't see that you're happy when you're with a woman than you don't need them. Anyone who would want you to deny part of yourself to make them happy doesn't love you. I know that's a harsh thing to say towards family, but it's true. I know. Not everyone in my family loves me though for different reasons than the gender of people I like.

As for the part about guys sending you pics, just tell them but be polite about it unless they refuse to listen to you. If you don't like them sending pics then stop them so you don't have to see 'em all the time.

8. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic
    Slowly begin building one (*hug*)

9. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just remember that there are lots of people who feel like you do, think you don't do anything wrong by being gay and can support you.
    Start making supportive friends and building confidence.
    Lots of hugs (*hug*)
    You can be proud of who you are. :thumbsup:

10. Macabremelody

i just wish i could just run away from everyone i have tried in the past and i never got far because i had no place to go and i just want to leave it all behind

11. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, how old are you?

12. Macabremelody

i'm 19 and have been through so much

13. ihasabucket

Auburn, AL; originally from Birmingham, AL
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    @OP

I understand your feeling disgust, even betrayed, of your family's ignorance. I still receive it after almost a year, but there has been some progress from where it was originally. Here's my intro post if you need to read it.

Do you have any siblings who you can talk to when you can't stand your parents/grandparents, or other elders? Also, are you in college? There might be some resources at your campus, or at the very least a PFLAG or other support group within your community.

Time will change your inner attitudes and the attitudes of those around you will change:thumbsup:

14. Macabremelody

no i don't i only have little brothers and a sister