1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So there's this guy...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by RedMage, Sep 6, 2013.

1. RedMage

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    ...that I had known from high school and started to talk with this summer over Facebook. I want to start a friendship with him but after my last two messages to him (one about catching up and hanging out the other wishing him a happy birthday) he hasn't replied for a month. I do know he isn't online much and he takes at most a week to reply but I have noticed he posted a few times the past month, so I think he might have seen my messages unless he just shared something via another site.

So I guess my question is would it be unreasonable to send him a message asking if he wants to hangout or meet up to catch up. Would it seem to pushy or creepy on my part? I don't want to push him away but at the same time I would like to get to know him more and pursue a friendship, plus I really don't want our previous messages to be forgotten about.

Any advice and help is very much appreciated, as I'm not really knowledgeable with social stuff.

2. Macabremelody

3. Californiacoast

IMO life is too short not to gather the courage to ask people to be friends and get to know them better. If they say no, it is their loss. If they say yes, you might start on a wonderful journey that could last a lifetime.

I got a message from a friend today on FB that is a straight, cowboy, who I came out to a few years back. I had a crush on him in college, but we met fishing at a friends farm. I am so glad I just went up to him and started talking. We spent the summer in the mountains fishing and having fun. I ended being in his wedding to a lovely woman. We have been friends for life. If he had been gay, I am pretty sure we would be married. I just had to go up and say hi. Go for it!

4. darth vader

Way to go! You just need to be responsible for your own happiness. Just like californiacoast, things might not go in your favor.. but the attitude of going out there and taking risks.. that will lead you to the man of your dreams in the future.. :kiss:

5. SouthernPangun

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I say go for it. I know sometimes if I'm in a hurry or something I might look at a message if I see I've got one and then in my hurry I'll rush off before responding and then by the time I come back I've completely forgotten that I had a message to start with. The same might have happened in his case and it can't hurt to just send another one asking. So long as you don't start sending a bunch of them [like 5] at a time in the span of a week asking it won't seem creepy or anything.