1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new school year

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by markosss, Sep 6, 2013.

1. markosss

hello everybody!in a few days the new school year begins.i had move to an another town recently and now i dont have any friends.i have social anxiety disorder and i stutter.(most when i am stressed)so can you guys give me any advice to make quick new friends?in my old school i had few friends because of my situation(good friends)...i have to find quick because if i dont i will stay alone and get stressed and my grades will fall!(its already down)sorry about my english

2. Californiacoast

Markoss, moving to a new school is tough. I know, I did it in 8th grade. I joined a new football team and had to meet all new people. I would say keep your focus on others and off yourself. Express sincere interest in the people you meet, everyone likes to talk about them self! Keep your head up and smile. Don't give up. Make a goal of meeting 1 new person a day. Join a club. I know social anxiety makes this hard, but push through. You can do it!