1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you approach someone who makes you so nervous?!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by charlavail, Sep 7, 2013.

1. charlavail

Out Status:
    All but family
    So I started college last week, and literally the most beautiful person ever works at my college bookstore. Being a creep, I found out she is a senior (and single...). Obviously, I'm not gonna go up to her and ask her out, but I do want to be her friend. I just want to know her and hang out with her (friend wise), partly because she's so beautiful, and partly because she's so eloquent and soft spoken and she seems so gentle and nice that I feel like dying whenever I check out at the bookstore (Yes, I have probably wasted more money than I should have just going into the book store to see her). However, I don't know how to even go about doing that. I get all flustered and can't talk to people I find so incredibly attractive.

It makes things awkward because I was crying on the phone outside the hallway from where the bookstore is because of how out of place I feel here. She walked outside and saw me, and now I'm pretty sure she thinks I'm some weirdo first year with emotional problems.

2. lioness

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I know how you feel! I get really nervous around pretty girls too. One thing that helps me, though, is to just smile--it makes me feel more confident and beautiful and people naturally just smile back. I like to start conversations by saying, "Hey I like your (shoes, shirt, necklace, etc)" because it's a compliment but not like saying "You have an adorable nose!" and them thinking that I'm a creep, lol.

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ask what her major is and what she plans to do after graduation. Actually, you should find out what she likes to do outside of school, and see if there is some common interest between you two. People love talking about themselves, so be a good listener first. If you can keep this up over multiple meetings, especially if you show you remember something she said earlier, that will really make her recognize you as more than just an acquaintance.

#3 resu, Sep 7, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2013