1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just don't understand

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by FightingShadows, Sep 7, 2013.

1. FightingShadows

Tonight I broke the news to my mom that I wanted to talk to my doctor about getting on hormones. She seemed pretty upset stating "No." and that if I wanted to do something like that, I have to do it on my own and she doesn't think our insurance will cover it anyway. I'm fine with that because I have a job and am old enough to do things on my own anyway. I know these kinds of things are hard on family no matter what. I think she thought i'd just bind my chest, keep my hair short, choose a "nickname" for myself and that'd be it. That's what Transgender is.
    No.
    And I think tonight my announcement that I wanted to go on hormones jolted her. We didn't get to talk about it because she ran off to bed after just those things said. I just don't understand how this is so hard for her. I'm still trying to wrap my head around how she still sees me as a girl when I NEVER acted girly in my life. I just don't understand how she sees me as going from a girl to a boy like BOOM. I've always dressed in my brother's clothes, I've kept my hair boy-short since graduating high school, I told her I was Trans 7 months ago. I just don't see how this could be so shocking for her. She's never had a daughter. She's always had another son, just this one with "defective parts". I mean, yeah, I wore dresses for dances and stuff but she always had to wrestle me into them. I just want to understand how she sees things and why but it's pretty hard when whenever I throw something at her she runs away.

2. Eyogirlie17

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Just be who you want to be at heart! It will make your life more fulfilling and worthwhile! I don't think your ma will understand how happy it will make you. You can try to explain all you want to anybody, but in the end it's up to you to make you who you are. You may not ever get support from your ma. You may have to find other people to lean on that support you better. It's sad because it's your ma, but unfortunately it happens. I wish the best to you!

3. MrSmooth

MrSmooth Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Let me make it simple, Its hard for a mother to get rid of her daughter, My dad takes it aot easier he doesn't treat m like his dauhgter at all more like a son, Its the same way everyone sees us as female, Sadly were stuck with yucky parts, I have experience