1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Being Bullied Because of your Sexuality

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by midnightfire08, Sep 7, 2013.

?

Have you or soomeone you know been bullied because of a sexual preference?

Poll closed Dec 6, 2013.
  1. Yes I personally have

18 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. I have a friend/s that have been

10 vote(s)
    23.8%
  3. No but I have heard about it

21 vote(s)
    50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. midnightfire08

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is a place were people can relate to each other and give advice to people through the tough times involving bulling or harassing because of their sexuality.

2. The_Poets

US/ Hogwarts/ vacations spent in the tardis
    I was made fun of because someone thought i was "gay".

3. blueberrymuffin

I had it pretty bad for about 2.5 years. I could always handle myself in a fight, so it was rarely just one of them. Had rocks thrown at me, found a knife in my locker, horrible things written and said about me, sometimes right in class. Random people i knew by name only would come up and be all "Are you gay? You have a girlfriend?" Ended up losing every friend, fell into depression, and had to transfer schools end of 10th grade. That's the very condensed version. But i'm sharing it mostly because, if life seems hopeless for anyone, know that there's a better tomorrow just waiting out there.

4. lukeluvznicki13

I've been made fun of and bullied because people have thought that I am gay because i prefer acting and singing to playing sports on a field.
    I haven't come out to everyone that I am bisexual, only 3 of my friends know. However, I guess that because I am into things like acting etc, people somehow just guess that I am gay when a lot of the time, guys who are involved in choir etc, might actually not be gay/bi.
    Dumb stereotypes /:

5. Sayu

I have, but it wasn't that bad. Mostly just some of my classmates calling me names but I didn't care much.

6. GayNerd

It was on Facebook®™. This guy was telling me hurtful comments, like "Calm down. Your nails are still drying." and "Go be Gay somewhere else.". He even threatened to post all over the Internet that I'm Gay if I unfriend or block him. Though I don't talk to him anymore, I'm still afraid he might tell others I'm Gay.

7. Ohhai

In early school like year 7 (aged 11-12) these girls used to shout lesbian whenever I came near them, and told everyone I was one (hence why I shoved my sexuality back). Apart from that, I've never been properly bullied, but then again, I'm not out.

8. lukeluvznicki13

That's terrible :/
    some people are so hurtful like that. They need to get over themselves.

9. DannyBoi66

Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, England
    There is one openly bisexual guy in my school that was once beaten up for it. And some people insulted him, as well, but that's all I know of. Some people need to sit down and think about why they do what they do.

10. srslywtf

I used to be called Gayvin (my name is gavin)

Funnily, I had no idea I was gay at the time.. it was before I'd even considered my own sexuality.

I was bullied for *everything* in early school . I was the fat unco gay retarded nerd

I think this is partially why it took me to discover my own self..

I never hid my 'gayness' on purpose.. I hid *anything* that made me stand out.. It was a survival strategy.

When I went shopping for clothes, I avoided things that looked 'gay' as much as anything that looked 'nerdy' or whatever. I just wore stuff that couldn't be insulted. I avoided things that looked flashy just because if you tried too hard, you could even get paid out for that.

Same with hiding any actions that might be labelled as anything other than 'ordinary'. So I learnt to pretend to be a typical straight male, even though I never actually had any moral hangups or fears about being gay.. I was just terrified of being bullied.

11. 2112

No, but I'm also not out yet.

12. biggayguy

I stayed in denial for fear of being bullied.

13. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Was bullied by a stepfather at the age of 11 when he noticed certain "different" things about me. I had no idea what homosexuality was, but these things, I guess, do show somehow...

14. LILuke

Both I and some of my close friends have been targets of this sort of thing - some of my friends were out at the time, some were not. For me it was all during a time when I was adamantly maintaining even to myself that I was straight and nothing else. For me it was the worst during Junior High, because I had a very low level of interest in dating/girls/etc.

15. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I get the occasional off-color remark that comes my way sometimes, but I usually just brush it off, unless it's the f-word. If you say that, that is a great way to make me mad. I was always scared people would judge me for it, but so far it's been some pretty smooth sailing.