1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Settling down...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by darth vader, Sep 8, 2013.

1. darth vader

I know this is more challenging for us guys, but regardless of the difficulties that we are facing, I think majority of us if not all would definitely want to find that "one" and settle down. Taking into consideration different factors, when do you want to settle down? Or what is your ideal age of settling down? I mean straight guys out there do hope to settle down at a certain age.. How about you guys? :confused:

2. Emulator

I don't know. Maybe I never will, or perhaps I'll find someone along the way. But whatever my choice, I wouldn't mind settling down at any age.

3. JPC

JPC Guest

I'm not really sure, I've still got another year at uni and a couple years of postgrad so I'm not really that interested in properly dating until I turn 22-23, so I would maybe consider settling down in 7 or 8 years from now. I guess it depends on whether or not I meet the right person.

4. James1991

James1991 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm 22, and I'd settle down today if I met the right man. I don't like clubs, I don't like partying and drinking (although I've been known to partake in the occasional binge-drink); really all I want is to meet someone to share my life with, to dedicate my time and love and build a life of meaning and personal fulfillment. Of all the fleeting goals and longings I've had in my life, that Is the only constant one that consistently remains the same.

However, I'm abstaining from dating at the moment. After a pretty serious relationship at 19 and some unresolved emotional issues, I realized I was looking for my self-worth in the eyes of other people, so my efforts right now are focused on finding happiness in my own skin and loving myself as I am, on my own. **cue creepy new age music**

Lol, It sounds stupid, but in all seriousness, I may want to start the rest of my life in love right now, but I know i still have a lot of maturing to do before I can make that work.

5. Diego89

I'm 24 and just started to explore the dating scenario, hopefully I'll have some good experiences and hopefully I'll meet "my guy" on the next 2-3 years, and then I think I'll be ready to settle down. Having said that I wouldn't mind having some fun in the meanwhile :wink:

6. LILuke

For me it really just comes down to when I find the right person [guy or girl]. If I had to put a number on it, I think that I'd want to start a family sometime in my late-twenties, but that's still a long ways off yet.

7. darth vader

You are quite mature for your age. Way to go. I agree with you. I mean, if the right one comes earlier than expected then I also wouldn't mind settling down. I don't want to lose that kind of opportunity. It doesn't come often. However, being prepared as an individual for that opportunity is equally important. If the right one comes and you're not yet ready, for example, you still have a lot of issues to resolve, then it would be futile..

---------- Post added 9th Sep 2013 at 01:03 PM ----------

I strongly recommend clean fun, Diego. :lol: As you go dating, try to figure out what are the things that really matter to you in a relationship. Stick to those and you will weed out unnecessary guys from your life. :thumbsup:

8. Diego89

[/QUOTE]I strongly recommend clean fun, Diego. :lol: As you go dating, try to figure out what are the things that really matter to you in a relationship. Stick to those and you will weed out unnecessary guys from your life. :thumbsup:[/QUOTE]

I'll keep that in mind lol. Thanks for the advice. :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 8th Sep 2013 at 09:32 PM ----------

God why's quoting so hard!!

#8 Diego89, Sep 8, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  9. Robellious

If I could pick a age it would be when I'm 28-32 years old. Hell even 26. I'm not much of a person to go to clubs and those places where all the 'coolkids' go. Maybe because I'm too young and it doesnt matter or I am more of a person who would rather play video games all day than go there. I wanna settle down with someone who also has the same passion in gaming as I do. I don't think I can find that person however. haha

10. darth vader

You seem to be in the right track. You're still young though. You still have a long way to go. Hey, it doesn't matter much if you like to play Counter Strike and he likes Play Station. What matters most is you have shared values because those are the things that will help you stick together through thick and thin...

---------- Post added 9th Sep 2013 at 04:43 PM ----------

I strongly recommend clean fun, Diego. :lol: As you go dating, try to figure out what are the things that really matter to you in a relationship. Stick to those and you will weed out unnecessary guys from your life. :thumbsup:[/QUOTE]

I'll keep that in mind lol. Thanks for the advice. :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 8th Sep 2013 at 09:32 PM ----------

God why's quoting so hard!![/QUOTE]

posting in your wall is even more annoying.. i can't edit my mistakes.. haha