1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I really like my Straight friend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Dekenkaru, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Dekenkaru

Dekenkaru Guest

I know there are threads like this, but they usually entail being in love with a straight friend rather than just liking them a lot so I decided to post this

I've known this kid for 3 years and we've become close friends and now I think I like him, but he's straight so I don't know what to do
    Should I ask just in case or should I just try to forget about it?:help:

2. lukeluvznicki13

Don't ask him because it will make him feel awkward.
    Perhaps, give him signs and also just ask him how he feels about the LGBT community etc. Do it as if you are gonna come out to him but don't fully do so incase he doesn't accept you etc.
    See how he reacts before you go further. If he does seem to accept the LGBT community, then perhaps show more signs that you possibly are attracted to him :slight_smile:
    Good luck!

3. LesbianGirl

That is a really good idea.

4. MrSmooth

MrSmooth Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    [/COLOR] Little word of advice, Don't mess with straight people unlesd their curious or you know for a fact their bi, You don't wanna get yourself hurt

#4 MrSmooth, Sep 9, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  5. Skov

Just like you can't change who you are, they can't change who they are. So, I'd move on and find someone else to crush on

6. Aiglatson

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You shouldn't tell him that you are romantically interested in him. It will probably make him feel very uncomfortable if he were actually straight, which chances are he is. Have you come out to him about your sexuality? If not, you should start with that and see if he treats you any differently. From there, try to figure out if he is truly straight and only interested in females. But I would avoid telling him about your feelings before doing so.

The same thing happened to me when my straight friend who is a girl told me she was absolutely in love with me for the past few years. It made me feel very awkward and also very guilty that I would never have the same feelings to return her love. I still wanted to be her friend, but we simply separated since we both knew staying friends would have been a lie, at least on her part.

I would suggest you to meet another guy and get over this guy but still stay friends with him if you know for sure he is straight.