1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I confess to him?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by JayR, Sep 9, 2013.

1. JayR

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I really like this guy ever since our freshmen years.It's been six years since then. I don't have a single clue whether he likes me back or not.I don't know either whether he's straight or not, but he shows some tendencies that he isn't straight, but i'm not so sure. We are really good friends, and we belong in the same group. I know it will have an impact on our friendship, but as for me, "if" ever he rejects me, at least I can move on and kill that little hope i have. Because you can't just be "friends" with someone you really like.

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Have you told him you're "unstraight"? It might be a little overwhelming if you come out to him and say you like him at once.

3. JayR

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I told him last year, and he seems okay with it.

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It might be best to approach it semi-casually. Instead of jumping straight into the "I have feelings for you" bit, move in sort of obliquely. "I was giving some thought to some guys I might like to date, but when I got to you, I realized I didn't really know if you were gay or bi. If you're not, I guess I should know now so I can cross you off the list." Notice that you're saying you're at least open to the possibility of something happening, but you're leaving yourself some wiggle room. He might say "No, I'm actually straight"...or maybe "I'm gay/bi, but I actually think of you more as a friend". At which point, you can say "OK, cool - good to know". (It'll suck, but at least you'll find out.)

And if he says he IS gay/bi and seems open to the idea? Well, presumably you can take it from there. :slight_smile:

Lex

5. JayR

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Approach him semi-casually, nice idea though. I'll try to build my courage and carefully "choose" the right words.