1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What should I do?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by IzCassie, Sep 10, 2013.

1. IzCassie

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I figured this was important enough to me to warrant its own thread.

So, the guy my sister wanted to hook me up with is gay. Now my sister's telling me that I probably shouldn't talk to him if I'm going to be transitioning (currently pre-transition, pre-HRT at the moment), because she doesn't want to see either one of us get hurt, but I really like this guy.

I'm torn. What should I do? I can't date straight guys, I can't date gay guys, this sucks.

Rrr. I feel like pulling my hair out. This whole ordeal is driving me crazy.

I need some sound advice.

2. Sardonic

Personally I think that if you are planning your transition/HRT in the near future, that you should be open with him about it as long as he seemed to really like your personality. You never know, he might want to stick around until you transition so that he can be with you after.

If you don't say anything, I can guarantee you have no chance with him. If you say something, there is at least a possibility of success.

3. IzCassie

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Maybe I'll try that, then. Just being forward. Even if he doesn't want to be with me, we could still be good friends. Either way, it's worth a shot, right?

4. Sardonic

Exactly. If he's any kind of decent, then he won't shun you for it. I mean, the guy's gay. At the very least he could be a really awesome ally for the transition/HRT (I don't know much about transgender stuff, hope I'm using the right terms) because he's had his own sexual identity stuff he's dealt with. I would definitely mention it to him.