1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

should I have said or done something?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by josh9623, Sep 10, 2013.

1. josh9623

At the end of lunch today while I was walking to class I walked past this cute guy and it literally was like in one of those romances where two people walk by each other, catch eyes and are drawn to each other, except instead of saying or doing anything we both kind of just walked off after a few seconds. I want to see if I can find him again but until then do you think I should have said or done something? what would you have done?

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Eye contact only. I am a big wuss. :frowning2:

3. biggayguy

Sometimes you get a moment like that. It hangs in the air... 1... 2... 3... 4.... and then it's gone. I'm a big wuss too but I think we only get so many of those moments in a lifetime.

4. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I saw a really cute guy the other day, tallish with short dark hair alone at the supermarket, I looked at him, more intently than I could control, and he just smiled and nodded. I went past him and after a few steps, I muttered to myself...too cute! I turned around to go back in the aisle we were in...only to find he was with a woman...sigh...

5. penguin machine

I know your pain.....

I can't even work up the courage to confirm that I was looking, I shy away too quickly. My boyfriend however, doesn't have this problem. He tells me that the best way to find out if a guy's gay is to glance, make eye contact, and give a smile. If they return it you can probably draw your own conclusion. If they don't, nothing happens. I'm personally too shy to take that chance.

6. Californiacoast

I am an introducer. So, if I get a chance, my hand comes up and my name comes tumbling out, waiting for theirs. Lol, must be my southern upbringing. At least I get a name.

7. jonnyNZ

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Lol i say 'too cute' to myself sometimes too after a nice looking dude sends a smile my way...then I go red in the face wondering if anyone heard me say it.

I'm way too chicken for any of that stuff... I still keep dreaming that my perfect match will do all the talking.

Good luck with finding him again - if you do, and a similar moment happens, try pluck up the courage to say hi :slight_smile:

8. dfiant

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lol...look at all you pussies :wink: hahaha.

I don't think it is completely about being a wuss, there is also the 'shock' factor that can momentarily leave you stunned...speechless, lost for words. It's normal and a learning experience :wink: next time you will be ready with a smile <--- those things are bloody awesome and can say more than just words...get a little more confident you may end up chucking in a 'wink' :wink:

9. penguin machine

With how shy I am I really wonder how I ever got a boyfriend :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I've spent my whole life avoiding guys because of experiences I had with bullies. Coming out gave me a little courage but I'm still not confident enough to make that eye contact last.

10. TraceElement

Smile and a nod. That's my standby.

11. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I should say I do smile because I try to be friendly with everyone. I just won't talk to them unless I see them multiple times.

I am always amazed at guys who can be more forward. For example, there was a guy on the first day of class mistook me for someone else and eventually introduced himself, got my name and the next day got my number for us to do a study group. Now, I'm pretty sure he's just straight, but I kept thinking, wow, if only I could do that with guys I liked!

12. penguin machine

A girl in my Accounting class came up to me to look at my textbook in class and by the end f the hour had my name, my number, my schedule, and we were planning study sessions. I don't know how people do it. Apparently I'm very approachable, I just don't know how to be forward like she was.

13. daisuke900

daisuke900 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  14. Maea96

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am sooo waiting for this moment to happen to me.
    I am dying over here, being alone. I want a boyfriend, not to just have one, but because I need someone in my life who really understands what I'm going through, and someone I can be 100% lovable towards.

Good luck with your man, josh! Greetings from Norway :slight_smile:

15. penguin machine

I fear I forgot to include "good luck" in my posts too :slight_smile:

16. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A smile and a nod is basic, try not to over think: should of, could of, would of. Ask around see if anyone knows who he is and take it from there.