1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Explaining pansexuality

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Twinkletoes81xx, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Twinkletoes81xx

Today I had a councilor appointment with my exgirlfriend because she wanted to sort things out. It was just us in the room. She's straight and said that she never loved me or anything and this really hurt. She also doesn't want to be friends me me at all. I'm still a bit heartbroken but I will get over it.

While we were talking, she asked me about my sexuality and I said I was pansexual and explained it. However, she just said that meant I was bi. I did explain to her how I love someone regardless of their gender and how there are different gender identities but she didn't believe me.

What would be a better way to explain pansexuality? I want to come out to my friends soon and I want to say it in a way they would understand so they don't tell me I'm bi. And if you've ever been in love with someone who was straight, how did you cope with them not feeling the same way? Thanks. :kiss:

2. Zac

Zac

The best way I could describe it is that gender is irrelevant to you. So you'd love someone based on personality alone, whether they where male, female, transgender, ect....

3. Miles16

Miles16 Guest

I've come up with a little phrase.

"I could love someone male or female, or both or neither, or anywhere in between or outside..."

I have yet to actually say this in real life, but hey.