1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

internet crush

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Dryad, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sorry for posting too many of my problems today, but I don't know where to seek help.
    I have a crush on a guy I met in an internet forum and we've been talking for hours and hours the last couple of days. He lives in another town, and we can't meet. He has openly told me that he likes me, and I've made some hints too, but told him it's a shame we live so far from each other.
    The problem is, I want to meet him. The next step that comes naturally to me is meeting him and seeing if things can work out. But it can't be, at least not in the next few months, and I don't know if we'll still be talking so often and so nicely then. :bang:
    Keep crushing on the wrong peopleeeee :eusa_doh:

2. ScatteredEarth

Don't worry, plenty of people get into LDRs. With the evolution that the Internet has taken in recent years, you can still maintain a healthy relationship with someone (Now albeit less physical, which is a big downside) If you two really like eachother, then it's a great way to pass the time while you wait for the opportunity to meet up :slight_smile:

Just make sure you KNOW who the guy is. There is way too many people out there for me and like 20 other people to NOT mention this. Catfishing is very real and very dangerous if in the wrong situation. If you're gonna meet up, make sure you know who he is and what he looks like, video chat him for the easiest way to tell.

Well anyway, that is just my 2 cents on the matter, I've been down your road, and I know how you feel. But if you maintain hope it could work out all for the better :slight_smile:

3. CheesyGoose

Yeah I've had and actually have an internet crush at the moment. We get along, but the fact that he lives in NY and I live in friggin Estonia, in Europe, then that makes it near impossible for us to meet anytime soon. Firstly, of course, I'd like to get to know him better, but I know quite a lot about him and it's driving me crazy how intelligent he is and how perfect he is.. It's a pain.

But yeah, you guys should definitely keep on talking and when you meet up eventually, I sincerely hope it's going to be great for you :slight_smile:

4. lukeluvznicki13

A lot of people recently have been developing relationships on the internet.
    Just be careful though, you must truly trust the person :slight_smile:
    But I am happy for you guys if you do like each other etc.

5. AmityRanch

Don't feel bad.
    I have a crush on a guy I met on Facebook.
    We've never met in person, and he's like twelve years older than I am, but I honestly think he's my closest friend right now.
    Don't get me wrong, I have tons of friends during after-school hours, but he's the only one I have real thought provoking conversations with.
    We've been talking for about a year now, and I really think I'm starting to fall in love with him.
    He's straight though, so I won't be trying anything, ever, but I do hope we'll remain friends for a good long while.

I hope your situation works out, too!

6. neenaj33

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Watch out for cat fishing

---------- Post added 11th Sep 2013 at 03:43 PM ----------

Ask to video chat. Good luck to you.

7. CupidBoy

CupidBoy Guest

Hours tho?

I had a crush on someone online, we talked for months, now I'd say we are good friends. I'm happy to have him.

8. Bryar Thorne

heh.. I know the feeling.. Same thing going on. :slight_smile: The video chat thing is the best thing you can do honestly.. it'll probably help ease their worries too if they happen to have any.

My first online boyfriend ever was someone my dad was convinced was a pedophile because I was 11.. after seeing this nerdy little kid on the other end, he just laughed and said have fun you two.. so just make sure you know they're really them before you do anything too dangerous and you should be good :grin:

best of luck to you though! :grin: hoping that mine works out too ^_^

9. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Be careful. Make sure you Skype him first to make sure he is who he says he is, meet in a public place during the daytime, with people around. But the internet is a great place for meeting people, especially for gays, though it works for straight relationships too.

10. Mysz

Skype's a necessity with long-distance relationships; I kept one going for a year through video chatting. Just hearing your significant other's voice and being able to see them talking is comforting. Are your towns very far away from each other? I'm sure it can work out, if you're both dedicated :slight_smile:

11. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They are far, but, well, in the same country, and it's not a big country. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    We can meet in person when we have some days off, it's not that he lives on the moon or something. :slight_smile:
    As for the "physical" aspect... I don't think I like the idea of intimacy with a boy, anyway. I would definitely try it again, but I don't mind not doing it. A little bit of cuddling and... well, speaking face to face wouldn't hurt though. -.- I don't know if he minds either :confused:
    Thanks for the responses, I'm happy as :***: :grin: