1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

girlfriends birthday

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by bazinga91, Sep 13, 2013.

1. bazinga91

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    hey I was wondering if anyone had any good ideas.. my girlfriends birthday is coming up and it is like the first thing we are celebrating together as a couple and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas to make is extra special.. I should also mention that I go away to school and wont be home for the day of her birthday so I really want to do something special for her when I come home on the weekend.. If anyone has any suggestions it would be awesome!

2. Gipsy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Happy early birthday to her!

It varies on the type of person she is. If you know her well enough to know her interests, then get her something that she likes! Not too expensive, but not too cheap either you know? :lol:

Otherwise, if you're not too familiar with what she may like, maybe just give her the casual gift of some chocolates and Teddy bears, along with a card spilling out your feelings. :slight_smile: But I would much prefer if someone got me something of my favorite, but that's me. It just shows that you care enough to remember what she likes.

Maybe take her out, too! On a picnic, lunch, or something before you go away. Good luck!

3. bazinga91

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    thank you for the advice, its the gift that's stumping me I think im going to take her to a drive in movie, I think they are so romantic lol im just cheesy tho, so is she that's why it works! Thank you for the help!!

4. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I second this - it's easy to overshoot, especially if it's the first celebration of any event together. Just something nice and pleasant, but not too high-end, would be fine.

You could try something simple like an item of clothing or a piece of jewelry - something that she could wear and think of you, especially if you'll be leaving for school soon.

You mentioned that you're taking her to a drive-in movie - maybe there's something related to that that you could get her as a present? Like a blanket with some sort of movie decoration on it (cameras or film strips or what have you)?

Overall, as long as it's something related to an interest she has, or something couple-y, you'll probably be fine. You know her best here, after all!

5. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it depends on your budget but often giving something a little hand made can be nice because it shows you have put in the time and thought. What kind of things does she like?

6. bazinga91

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    she likes are like super girly stuff and movies and cheesy things... we are super corny so that's what im going off of.. I ordered her a bracelet with out initials carved into it and I got her a ring that has "same love" engraved into it because she loves the song.. I also made her a painting so I have the handmade aspect and Im going to bring her to a drive in movie I believe and im surprising her at work with a rose and chocolate covered strawberries on her break ... I just want it to be really special but Im not sure I always second guess myself because im still like amazed at the fact she is with me.. and I just want her to be happy and what if she doesn't like it and you can just like tell by her face I would be devastated.. she isn't that type of person but I also have anxiety and im STRESSING out lmao.. thank you for all the advice it has really helped!