1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some Chick I Don't Know...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by UndercoverGypsy, Sep 13, 2013.

1. UndercoverGypsy

Hey guys, I haven't been on in a while, but I really need some help here.

So, at school today, I was just quietly packing up to go home, doing my thing, and some random girl walked up to me and asked me to add her on facebook. I replied with a bemused look, and said "I don't know you, though" or something along those lines, but she persisted. I finally gave in, wanting to go home, and she gave me a slip of paper.

So, inside this piece of paper was some note that called me "really amazingly cute" (I beg to differ :grin:), and had her Facebook name.

While I get that this isn't a bad problem to have, it really threw me off my game, seeing as I've never dealt with this kind of shit before. I don't exactly want to come out for no apparent reason to some chick who I don't know, and hasn't directly asked me out. What do I do!?

Edit: Oh yeah, almost forgot. If this is in the wrong forum, which it very well might be, please move it :slight_smile:

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You could accept her friend request if you're the type of person that doesn't mind random people being friends with you. However, this means you're reciprocating her clearly romantic feelings. You could decline and politely just tell her you're not interested in her (unless you're feeling very confident and want to come out to her - this is not a surefire way to turn down persistent girls). Or you could do nothing, which is the easiest route.

That said, you should also look at the overall circumstances. Is she really random? Maybe you just never noticed her in some class or group you two are both in. The reason I say this is maybe you have been oblivious to how you acted near her, which may have given her the wrong impressions. Finally, you might need to consider what her motives are besides thinking you're cute. Some people can be mean-spirited and only wanting to dig dirt to make fun of you.

3. bazinga91

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    there is no harm in adding her as a friend but just be careful of her intentions.. just because she called you cute does not mean it is automatically a romantic relationship.. you could be friends with her, and if it turns into anything more and you feel comfortable enough, then you could come out to her.. being her facebook friend doesn't mean you have to give up any information about yourself that you are not comfortable giving up

4. Zac

Zac

Does your Facebook say that you're interested in men?

5. Diego89

Absolutely no need to come out to her, is none of her bussiness. The only reason you should come out to someone is because you trust him/her and want them to know, never to get rid of someone. To achieve the later there are some other ways.

Now I wouldn't add her, she'ld be soon liking every single post you make, commenting your pics or leaving you annoying inboxes. Or at least don't add her right away, make her wait or at least let her insist you a couple of more times. If you do add her be very careful not to let her get the wrong idea. Be polite but don't feel the need to be nice to someone you don't like/know and this doesn't only apply to a girl who's got a crush on you but any other person.

Now chances are that this girl is indeed nice and after realizing you're not into her, she'll drop it and even become good friends with you, or maybe you'll never hear from her again, who knows, but any scenario is better than being trapped in a "friendship" you didn't even want in the first place.

My advice could sound a little extreme but I've had some really bad experiences in the past. Specially when I was around your age and even older, when I would do a LOT of things I didn't wanna do or even felt uncomfortable with but I did for the sake of pleasing other people or being afraid to be seen as rude or wtv, many of them had to do with unriqueted loves/friendships, and in the end most of them ended bad as I would eventually get tired and avoid them, which resulted on them being hurted and me feeling like crap.

Wow, I didn't expect this to be this long, sorry, haha, good luck!

#5 Diego89, Sep 13, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  6. GirlWhoWaited

I would add her, but say you're only interested in being friends if she pushes you. If she's willing to do that to know you, then maybe she deserves to know the truth. If not, then let her wonder. :wink:

7. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The part that bothers me is that "she persisted."

Why? Either she's sort of obsessed with you, as in seeing you, but you not seeing her. Or, like it has been mentioned, she could be nosy. Getting into the locked up parts of Facebook give you a real view of someone's inner world, in some cases. Or, maybe she is checking into you for someone else, either jointly or only for them.

If you're not comfortable and have not established any kind of rapport, this IS weird. You owe her nothing. The only friends I have on there who I know very little are friends of friends who have full lives, siblings of friends, acquaintances I've stumbled into again, and people who have some common niche-like interests, because I got an ok sense about them, and I was right.

If she keeps pushing, tell her you're willing to b.s. and get to know her, that is if you want to, before going further. High school crushes that are not reciprocated are a major pain, having been on both sides of that situation.

8. Throw that piece of paper away :grin:

9. UndercoverGypsy

Thanks for the advice, guys.

Resu, she is definitely random. I've never seen her in my life. She's most likely new; the neighboring school shut down their Junior High, and there's been a massive influx of new kids this year.

Sheena, my facebook doesn't say men. It says women, which pisses me off every time I see it, but that's kinda irrelevant.

Diego, I get where you're coming from; I myself am a bit of a pussy when it comes to getting what I want. I think I'm gonna go with your advice and make her wait. She seems like she might be the crazy bitch type. D:

I really take EC for granted... you guys are great. Thanks.