1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cupid leave me alone.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Northern, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Northern

So this isn't a post with me falling in love with a straight friend (good luck to those who have!), this a post about my interesting situation.

So I am out, completely and my friends and people at my school know, problem is whenever someone is bi or gay they automatically tell me we would make a good couple... I don't have a problem with my friends trying to help, I find it sweet, but every single male who might like males ends up being pushed at me full force, and quite frankly they turn out being not so great. So my friends keep wondering why I would say no to a guy who is gay... The last one they sprung on me was fine for about a day, when suddenly on Facebook after asking me about a test, asked me if I wanted to have sex
    (I paraphrased seeing as I'm not sure everyone speaks sailor)
    I have only known him for a day... So my friends have given up on setting me up, seeing as they pick duds, but now they won't stop telling me how I will end up alone with no one, even saying my looks will go soon. I am a teenager :roflmao:

So every day or so they go inbetween telling me I will die alone and I should get a boyfriend. Thing is right now that is not what I need, and I swear if they bring one more guy to me who says "I'm here to save you" I will lose it. I am not a damsel in distress and if they keep acting like that, they will be in distress.

So I want to know how to tell my friends that I would rather not date right now, and to stop telling me I am losing my looks when I am not even 20.

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It sounds like you need to find someone on your own since your friends are so bad at picking guys for you. Also, ask your friends if they would appreciate you trying to push every straight person of the opposite gender on them to "make a good couple". Tell them that sexuality is the lowest common denominator for you and a potential partner, and maybe you should say your preferences so they can screen out obviously bad choices.