1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have it bad for my boss...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Kelly Rhodes, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Kelly Rhodes

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just started working at a clothing store 3 weeks ago and since then I've been developing feelings for my boss.
    I know it's wrong and really unprofessional but i just can't stop thinking about her. She's only probably like 4 years older than me.. And I'm pretty sure she rolls that way, it's just that this crush on her effects my work because I can't help but get nervous around her.
    I even got so jealous when a random customer asked her for her number :icon_sad: :icon_redf (the customer was an older woman)

I think she knows... Like I think I make it so obvious. (Especially with how red I get)

The other day I was learning the register and she comes out of nowhere and smiles at me and says "Good job Kelly, I'm so proud of you" (kind of like in a taunting way)
    Then I screwed myself over by blushing fire truck red and trying to giggle a little. Which made it WAAAY more obvious.

Anyway I have no idea how to deal with this... I can't switch locations and I definitely need the money. This is also my first time having a crush on a girl....

Any advice?

2. Valerie

Valerie Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just give it time, sometimes you think you crush on someone but you actually don't or it just doesn't last long..

Anyway, it can't be worse than me, I have a small crush on one of my teacher.. She's probably like over 30 but she has one of those smiles... And those eyes. And she's so cool :slight_smile: Aaaaaaaand I'm gone now. Good luck with your boss! You never know.. maybe she has a thing for you too :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: 4 years, that's nothing.

3. Kelly Rhodes

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Even if she did (which I doubt she does... Yet I'm still hoping anyway)
    She's REALLY proffesional and even mentioned before that work and pleasure don't mix :/

4. nacho woman

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I've been in your position before.. my advice is just roll with it - don't have any expectations, and have fun.

5. robbers

robbers Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In my opinion, work and relationships shouldn't mix. If you can't switch jobs I'd say wait until you can find somewhere else to work before starting something with your crush.

I'm in a similar position, except I'm the boss (well, superior) and he's my subordinate. We fooled around a couple times and are very much into each other but anything other than some flirting at the elevator is out of the equation as long as we continue to work together. To me, it's just unprofessional.

Perhaps you think a potential relationship with your boss is more important than your job. If you do, I'd say go for it. But if she already said that work and pleasure don't mix, just wait until you find somewhere else to work and then ask her out.