1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What does it mean if a girl has a rainbow ribbon pinned to her bag?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by chartreuse, Sep 14, 2013.

1. chartreuse

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So there's this girl that I like, that I am pretty sure is lesbian or bisexual. Here are more reasons I think she is/might like me: http://emptyclosets.com/forum/famil...kissed-my-cheek-few-times-what-does-mean.html
    But I saw her carrying her backpack and pinned on it was a rainbow ribbon. Does this means she is lgbt? I think this added to the other signs in the link is a pretty sure sign. I would love it if she was interested in girls, because I am bisexual and I like her. What do you think?

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Does she know you're bi? If so, then you can be more direct in talking to her about if she is also into girls.

3. chartreuse

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    No, she doesn't know I'm bi. I've known her for only two weeks, and I've only spent a couple days with her. She doesn't go to my school, so I can rarely see her. I don't want to scare her off by coming out to her after knowing her for only a few days.

4. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Next time you see her, try talking about the rainbow ribbon...you can admire it, ask where she got it, what it's made of...talk about how you'd like one too.

Every question is an opportunity for her to tell you what you need to know...

5. Beware Of You

She could be an LGBT ally.

6. GirlWhoWaited

I still say go for it. Ask about the ribbon. Ask if she's an ally, if she's LGBT. Don't be scared, because if it doesn't work out the way you want it to, you said yourself you wouldn't see much of her unless you tried. So, what do you have to lose? :thumbsup: