1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling really bad

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Squib, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Squib

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I broke up with my long term partner (well nearly 6 years) yesterday and I do feel much better for it because I've been living a lie for so long and don't love him. But I also feel so guilty about hurting him, because I know he really loved me. Has anyone got any advice on how to stop feeling as guilty? I know I've done the right thing and it wouldn't have lasted, but he's devastated

#1 Squib, Sep 15, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
  2. bazinga91

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    you have to remember that you did the right thing, the feeling of hurting someone you really did care for sucks but you did the right thing and it takes more love and strength to do the right thing then to do the wrong.. the hurt wont go away right away, but in time it will.. in the mean time I suggest you try and read a book, or write, or do something to get your mind off of it.. personally I like to paint and draw, others like exercise, whatever works for you.. and another thing try and surround yourself with people who care, your friends and family, they are the best support system and usually have the ability to make you laugh even when you feel down.. I hope it gets better, and remember that you did the right thing when all is said and done

3. GirlWhoWaited

I've been there. bazinga91 is right. Distraction is like cold medicine. It'll help treat the symptoms while nature takes care of the rest. Try to remember when you're sad, that even if it sucks right now for both of you, it'll get better. (*hug*)