1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is my mom's problem

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by josh9623, Sep 15, 2013.

1. josh9623

I am getting really tired of dealing with my mom, she has absolutely no idea how idiotic she acts. the most recent incident she accidentally deleted some text messages off her phone and somehow it is my fault. I now have to have a friend take me to and from school because she took my license and cannot grasp the concept that because I have an abbreviated schedule I am not eligible to ride a bus, even if I was it would take two business days to be registered for one and I could only ride it home not to school.

I can't wait to get out of here, so maybe I won't have to listen to my mom tell me and my dad that we and all men are misogynistic assholes who will be anything to get out of doing something. Which says a lot coming from someone who doesn't work, sleeps in til 3 in the afternoon, and once she is up she stays up til 4 in the morning watching tv.

2. GayNerd

Maybe your Mom is going through something. I could be mistaken, but has she acted like this since you came out? What is key (in my opinion) is when she started acting like this. When was this time?

3. Meribor

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    From this tiny bit, it sounds like your Mom is mired in her own issues right now. This may sound impossible, but trying to be as supportive of her as you can without extending yourself too much may be the only thing to help her until she gets professional help.

I'm kind of in the same situation with my father, who is hugely depressed, but can't and/or wont see his role in the cycle. With huge, heavy, torrential downpours of guilt, I daydream of the time he passes away and my mother and I can finally move forward without him holding us back.

For you in your situation, the only real advice I have is to love her. And, yes, I'm trying to imagine how crazy this would sound to the 16-year-old version of myself, but that's probably the best you can do for her.