1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

advice

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Str8guy, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Str8guy

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I have accepted my friend sexuality which is good. Thankfully everyone whom he has told also has accepted. What I’m concerned with is though is that he talks so openly about his homosexuality like sexual acts, things like that. For heterosexual men you normally have no issue talking to other guys about that “girl you had a night with” while drinking at the bar but for me as you can imagine hearing similar stories about “guys doing guys” over our coffee meetings does freak me out. I understand he wants to let it all out and be free to express himself, unfortunately there’s not a lot of other gay people in our group of friends who would feel 100% comfortable hearing this.
    Secondly with his newfound sexuality I’m a little worried about what he’s been getting up to lately. Not that he sleeps around because he didn’t plan on going the way of one night stand but he has been online chatting to guys and has found a “friend with benefits” and that scares me. I know he won’t be cheating on anyone because he would only catch up with people also single, people who are bi but I don’t like the idea of that, even if he were straight I’d probably to a lesser extent feel the same way, its just the safety aspect, the health risks involved things like that and to a lesser extent the moral implications.
    So my questions are I want him to be free to talk about his newfound sexuality but don’t like the explicit details, yet no one else out there would listen to that in the same way I would as there is no one else in the group who is gay.
    Secondly of course its good to be with someone but even being random with someone I think is morally incorrect but not sure if I can encourage him to do the right thing.

2. RoguesWolfe

Have you tried just sitting him down and talking about this? I myself didn't really tell people but made them guess, so I don't have much experience. Though I would tell him to slow down a bit, I mean it's great your there for him and all but I myself wouldn't wanna hear those kinda details from my friends.