1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My mom keeps asking questions

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by KariGordon1996, Sep 16, 2013.

1. KariGordon1996

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So lately, ever since I've almost been outed to my mom, she's been asking me a lot of questions. The other night out family went to see a movie and she forced me to take a purse, which I've always hated carrying. Anyway, it wasn't a big deal at all until she kept making comments about "not knowing anymore" about me in the parking lot. Anyway, tonight she came in my room and asked me to give her reassurance that I really liked boys. I said that I did like boys, and then she said " you wouldn't be the other way would you?" She just seems to be asking a lot of questions lately, it is kind of scaring me because I'm not ready to come out to her yet, she's very religious and homophobic, does she know? How can I basically make her think I'm straight until I'm ready to come out?:help:

2. I don't see how carrying a purse makes you straight lol. I know straight girls who don't carry purses, so I don't understand that part at all. As for the making her think you're straight part... I, ugh lol. It might be better to just come out. I mean I'm not trying to throw you to the wolves or anything, but if you're 17, that means you either wait until you're 18 or you just say it now and deal with it until you're 18 and can move out. I don't know what your life is like or what your plans are for life (like education or careers or anything)... BUT when I came out to my dad, his reaction told me it didn't matter when I told him, it was going to be the same no matter what. If your mom is religious and homophobic, then telling her now or telling her later won't really make any difference. I'm not sure if I helped any.

3. GirlWhoWaited

She obviously strongly suspects. If it were me in your shoes, I might just buy a purse with little rainbows on it to be ironic. But I'm passive aggressive like that. In all seriousness, if you think she'd kick you out, I wouldn't tell her yet. If she'd just lecture you, then maybe. But, I wouldn't lie. That will only make things worse in the long run.

4. KariGordon1996

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well I don't think it's just that don't carry purses haha according to her it's the way I act and dress, everything I guess. Yea, she will deffinately kick me out of the house, if not her my dad would.

5. starlightonmars

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you're sure you'd be kicked out, don't do anything until you'd be able to survive without them. At the moment you're financially dependent, and rely on them for food and shelter. It's tough, but just stick it out for a little while longer until you can go to college, or move out, or whatever. A little bit longer pretending to be straight is better than worrying about where you'll sleep for the night. Stay safe, primarily, and then focus on coming out later when you have options.