1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Awkwardness with my mom.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by valon, Sep 18, 2013.

1. valon

valon Guest

So, a while back I came out to my mom, and she took it really hard. And, we hadn't mentioned it in months. Then, I was really afraid that she was going to bring it up, and be all sad and terrible again. But, it just ended up being awkward.

We were talking about college, and somehow it moved to dating. And, I asked her if I went on a date if I could take the new car, because our truck is terrible, ugly, and dangerous. And, I said "What if I went on a date, and we had a wreck in the truck."

And she said....wait for it "Then, her dad...or HIS dad wouldn't let you go on a date again."

Then there was awkward silence.

Eventually we got back to talking, and it turned worse. She said "Would you date a girl?" And, I said "Yeah."

"Would you date a guy?" She then said.

I said "Uh, I don't know."

"Well, at one time you said you would".

So, although it was awkward, and I didn't really say "YEAH I TOTALLY WANT TO DATE GUYS." It's a lot better than last time. :confused:

2. Sully

Wait. So you've already told her you're gay, but then said you'd date a girl and that you don't know if you'd date a guy?

:confused: why?

3. valon

valon Guest

*Sigh* Yeah, I have told her I'm bi. But, at the time I told her she was really, really upset, and it hurt me a lot. And, when she asked me, I got really scared and I didn't want to start anything, because we were all really tired and frustrated already that night.

It probably would've been better if when she asked if I'd date a guy and I just said "Yes".

4. Sully

Oh well, what's done is done. At least the ice has been broken!

5. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Don't give her false hope if you're only attracted to guys. That will play into the stereotype that homosexuality is a choice.

6. valon

valon Guest

No, I told her I was bi, not gay.