1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Platonic" girl crush - does it exist?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Femme, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Femme

When I considered myself straight, I definitely had platonic girl crushes. One day one of those girl crushes was absolutely not platonic in feelings. Prior to that first woman that I found myself physically attracted to, my "girl crushes" we're truly platonic.

While I have a female partner, is it possible to still have a platonic girl crush or am I just kidding myself? I'm definitely "attracted" to my female co-worker but is it sexual attraction? I can often find myself imagining sexual actions with all kinds of people that I would never act upon in real life. In most cases I'm not attracted to these people just bored at a meeting or feeling friendly but not sexual.

Is it possible that my attraction falls into the girl crush category that straight girls can have or must it be sexual in nature? I'm a little confused here.

2. RainyViolinist

I think I know what you mean. Currently, there's this one guy in my grade (openly gay too!) that although I don't have a sexual or romantic crush on him, I crave to hve a friendship with him. I don't want to date per se, but I want to forge a purely platonic friendship with him. Is that what you mean, because if so, it's completely possible!

3. Femme

Well I have fantasizes about kissing her but I'm not sure if its just because I like her so much as a person or if its purely sexual? I guess it could be both. Perhaps if we were both single and if she was interested in dating women and dating me in particular, perhaps I would pursue it but I'm not sure.