1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is it with my best friend??

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Tomwinsatlife, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Tomwinsatlife

So im gay. Not out. Went to small private catholic school with 60 people in my grade for eight years. Have a best friend named jackson. So we just moved on to high school, by the way hes had like 3 girlfriends but weve always had a pretty close relationship, and hes done some confusing things recently. So first off, he is always joking around with me and like telling my other friend that me and some random guy would make a goo gay couple, and like he leans on me and like sometimes jokingly touches me. And he like is really only friends with me amd girls just like me, so i started to wonder. He keeps making these like gay comments (just like sex jokes and such). But then he will like act really straight sometimes. Hes also really athletic. So am i reading too much into it or is this something to look into. Nbd but i kinda have a massive crush on him.

2. penguin machine

Might be worth sitting him down and asking him how he actually feels about homosexuality. You could ask him if he ever thinks about guys, or if he's ever considered what it would be like to be with a guy, and then gauge his reaction. I have a straight friend I sometimes feel like I could sway if I had the right opportunity, (not that I would, I'm taken) But I think I know how you feel. Sometimes I get these impressions from him. He's very much into girls but sometimes I think he's just more into sex.

3. SomeNights

Just to add on to what penguin said,

The easiest way to find out if he's gay is to ask him. I love the phase "sitting him down", because I always get that image of sitting at the table with the dim lighting and tense moment (though I'm sure Penguin didn't mean that). Your best bet at 14 is just to go watch a movie or a show with a gay lead or causally mention something about LGBTQ+. If you don't make a big deal out of it (dim lights and all), then Jackson is probably not going to make a big deal out of it either.

Also, forget the gay stereotypes. I'm 6'1" with a strong build, love to play and watch football, swimming and softball and my hands stay at my side while talking. However, I like dudes(to be PG13). My friend, who has always been the stereotypical flamer, is straight as an arrow. Stereotypes are often wrong!

Well, now that I've written my personal ad, time to go post it. I hope this helps :slight_smile: