1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So...this is awkward.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by theMaverick, Sep 22, 2013.

1. theMaverick

So that girl I was so unhappy with last year? So unhappy with that I broke up with her?

Yeah...through a period of prayer, self reflection and meditation I have realized that my unhappiness came from me, not her. We've been talking more, as friends, and I still have feelings for her, but she's dating someone.

But she keeps telling me about all these problems she has. He apparently makes fun of her "parts" which I took to mean her body when naked. He makes her feel like she can't do anything right, and she told me she feels worthless and like nothing she does matters to him. None of these things are okay and I got really angry because she deserves better and so....

I told her everything. How I felt. That I wanted her back. I apologized for how I treated her last time. I apologized for not communicating properly and putting unrealistic goals in front of her and our relationship.

Of course, she didn't say "well let's go then" because she's in a relationship but she did say this: you will always have a special place in my heart but for now someone else does.

For now.

For.

Now.

And then she tells me she wants to see me this weekend to go to this arts festival thing. Just her and I. Not her boyfriend. And she brought up the weekend that we first had sex and the fun times surrounding that weekend.

I'm getting some slightly mixed signals from her, but the point remains that I want her back. What do I do? Or have I already done too much?

2. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sounds to me you like you have already jumped from the nest. Now time will tell if you can fly

3. GirlWhoWaited

Good luck, buddy. I hope it works out. :slight_smile:

4. theMaverick

Thanks. Me too. I'm just trying to be optimistic because she's still talking to me.

5. bazinga91

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    go for it! good luck!

6. theMaverick

Well I told her everything, she wants to hang out this weekend, so instead of driving myself crazy with trying to win her back, I'm gonna focus on improving myself and if/when she is ever ready, if I'm still ready, I'll be there.