1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The cute guy in class, dare I befriend?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by penguin machine, Sep 22, 2013.

1. penguin machine

We all know him. And most of us (I suspect) wonder if and/or hope that he's gay. Tomorrow, I need to put together a group for the class I share with one of my cute guys. I've never spoken to him, I don't see that he knows anybody in the class, and I have been contemplating trying to befriend him, for no real reason. I'm not going to go after him, he could introduce himself as "gay as the spring rain," and I'd still have a great boyfriend I wouldn't leave for any reason.

Given that I'm largely just fascinated by his incredible boyish good-looks, should I offer him a position in my group? (I don't know anyone else in the class either)

2. puppy1000

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    If he doesn't know anyone he probably be up for ANYBODY to be their friend, we all have been in that position before. I mean if you have a boyfriend, then why are you doing this... you are feeding your desires and could cause harm to your relationship

3. Ticklish Fish

if he don't know anybody, maybe you can still invite him for group work?

4. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Don't think, just do. I have realized that the longer you wait to try to befriend someone you've seen for a while, the more awkward it can be and less likely it will happen.

5. Tic Code

I don't see any real reason not to approach/befriend him. And like you said, you have no desire to pursue him, his goods are just what made you notice him. We could all use another friend! :slight_smile:

6. robclem21

Tread carefully, could get yourself into lots of situations here that could probably push some boundaries in the future if you aren't careful. Especially when you describe yourself as fascinated by someones incredible looks.

Would you do the same thing if he didn't look this way? If the answer is no then I would say don't bother trying to be his friend.

7. penguin machine

Good advice Rob. I'm a really shy guy and I've never gone out of my way to befriend somebody. He's cute enough that I could see myself being brave, even though my intentions are purely academic.

Maybe I'll take the plunge and just say hello. A girl I met in university just walked up to me and said hello, we talked a little and I asked if there was any particular reason she had just come up and talked to me, she replied that I just looked particularly lonely. That was the start of every friendship I made that year. So maybe I can return that kind of friendliness towards someone I just happen to think is really good looking :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. Renge

Right. Happens all the time to me huhhu

9. penguin machine

Well I didn't talk to him and now he has a group. But I did meet a Bi lady, so that was nice!

I still want to talk to him though. I almost said hello in the hallway. ><