1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I love you... Strong words

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by lseiesrbroa, Sep 23, 2013.

1. lseiesrbroa

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love you are the three strongest words I can think of to say in a relationship, Me and my Girlfriend have exchanged these words and I was just wondering if we said it to early our 2 month is on the 28th what do you guys think.

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What do you love about her? Do you love the good that you see in her? Do you care what happens to her, do you respond to her when she calls to you, do you respect who she is and who she wants to be? Do you know her deeply?

You'll notice that every question above involves a verb, not just a word. It's the verbs that are what's strong about love...important questions to ask, because it's easy to fall in love with being "in love" rather than focusing on the person who is the object of your love.

Two months is not too early in my opinion...if you're the sort who easily sees the good in others, then it's easy to love. But examine if that is really the case with both of you...

3. bazinga91

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    its not to early at all.. all relationships are different, some take time while others are what you might call love at first sight.. it is a weird thing love, one day you like someone and the next something just clicks and nothing makes sense without them.. but it just depends on the people and the relationship and all of the factors that go into it.. don't sweat it, saying I love you is huge, and scary, but as long as you put your heart behind it, and you mean it, there is no appropriate time.. just when it feels right

4. Flynn

I think greatwhale's response hits the nail on the head. Take some time to relax and really think about how much this person means to you.

I came across something somebody wrote about the topic other day and I thought it was interesting, so i'll share it:

I have this feeling deep in my heart deep in my gut and in every nerve ending of my body for you. When you are with me I forget about ever thing else, when you are away I feel sad and have an empty feeling I have never had before not for a parent or a family member or a pet just you. The first time I realized I loved you was because you were not with me and all I wanted was to be with you and I felt like I would do anything just to see you. I feel safe and comfortable with you and it all comes so easy and you make the world make sense for the first time. When I see you come towards me I get butterflies and I am taken back at how much every thing you do amazes me.

If you have genuine feelings about somebody, I don't think its ever too early to tell them you love them, but you'll know for sure whether you mean it or not when it comes out clean and spontaneous, and feel great to say it.

If you find it really awkward, it doesn't always mean you don't love that person though. It could just be a sign that you're not used to being intimate, or so expressive with your feelings.

2 months can be considered quite a long time, especially if you've spent a lot of time together.

#4 Flynn, Sep 23, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
  5. lseiesrbroa

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you guys and yea I feel like we know each other very well we haven't spent alot of time together but just because we live 4 hours apart but we are texting or talking consistently