1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I tell if he is gay?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ichbinmich, Sep 23, 2013.

1. ichbinmich

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi, I have a serious question I need to ask and please don't think I'm full of myself. So I'm a junior in high school and a few weeks ago our AP US History class had an assignment to make a video about "Why you should come to the New World!" Anyway, we got in groups and in my group was two of my friends who are girls and this farmer kid (We'll call him, i dunno, Bob lol) I barely talk to before. We get the project done( got an A+ on the thing) and ever since then I think "Bob" likes me. Ok, I am bi but I'm not out there and I don't want to be because I don't think it's anyones business and I'm not the best looking guy out there. But ever since this project, I've noticed "Bob" staring at me through my peripheral vision and we also have German III together and like he always unties my shoes when I put my leg on my knee ( the damn desks are so small) and I'm like "Stop dude! I hate f*cking tying my shoes everyday!" and then he just looks at me and laughs. Then, when I turn around to ask my friend a question and so we can study, I have caught him a few times touching my leg with his pencil and then he quickly is like "I wasn't doing anything!" Is this flirting? Obviously I don't know anything about this cause I've never dated anyone but I think he is flirting with me. I don't have any interest in him beyond us just being friends so what should I do? I don't want to just call him out because I think he is gay I mean that'd be just mean. What do you think about this and what do you think I should do? Thank you oh and what the hell are these! (!)(&&&):thumbsup::eek::eusa_danc:smilewave: haha

2. Flynn

If you're not out there, and don't want to be because its nobody's business, why then is it important to find out about Bob? Unless you like him of course : )

Just a thought! lol.

But to answer your question, If I was in your shoes...

1. Hi Bob. Are you gay? (not an option? haha)

2. Get to know him better and give it some time. His weird behaviours may continue, progress, or even stop, and that may give you a better indication.

3. Broach topics of conversation that would make a closeted guy blush, and then examine the signs. For example, when I was in highschool, people talking about girls always made me feel super awkward, and if I had ever been pressed on the topic, my lack of enthusiasm and knowledge would have been totally obvious. But then again... my friends of the day might have just have easily assumed I was simply a sexually repressed nerd. But hey, what can you really do?

4. The pencil on your leg could have been him flirting, or it could have just been him being immature? Guys do immature stuff all the time just to get a reaction out of you. Hell, maybe he thinks YOU are the one that's gay and he's trying to get a rise out of you for rofls. You never know.

Good luck!

#2 Flynn, Sep 23, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
  3. Werbinich

First I noticed that your screen name reminds me of mine. Freut mich! Und herzlich Wilcommen bei EC!
    Flirting is a strong word. Some boys in my class hug me all the time, those I return; one even tried to kiss me on a number of attempts, those I avoided since I'm not interested in him. Though no one in my class knew that I am gay yet, many people do those things to each other as a sign if immaturity....in a way, and some times a few might cross over the line. But if these actions are continual, maybe Bob does have a thing in you. If your not interested in him and when he confesses his feelings...if that time were to come, don't give him any false hope since the outcome would lead to a catastrophe. However, who knows. Maybe the scenario won't turn out as you had planned.

Viel Erfolg!