1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Okay finally introduced myself to the cute guy.. now what?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Robellious, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Robellious

Well you guys probably already read something like this.. or not. :slight_smile:
    Anyways today my friend has finally got me to say hi to this guy that I think is really cute. Me and him have a mutual-friend type relationship. Anyways He's a freshman and im a sophomore in highschool. My question is what do I do after I say hey and introduced myself to him? How can I tell if he's gay.. without asking him? To be honest I plan on just saying hes cute like sometime in the future and see how he reacts to it... maybe somewhere across the lines of: "Hey are you gay?" and if he says yes.. :icon_bigg ..if not ((maybe hes in the closet or something)) oh you're not? "such a shame, I thought you were cute :slight_smile:" I dont really know about his sexuality or anything as of yet, I may try to talk to him tomorrow and see what happens. How should I be like around him? I really dont want to screw this up and go wayyyyy too fast and sudden on him, mainly because I've done it before and I feel bad for the guy that I liked... ((I asked him to be my valentine... he said yes but he isnt gay.. I didnt even know if he liked guys or not lol))

Anyways thanks if you read this; have a nice.. everything!

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You can't tell by just short encounters, and sometimes guys in the closet (i.e. me) will deny they're gay because that is a very significant term. Let everyone define themselves how they want. This situation is obviously easier if he knows you're gay first. After he has digested that, then you could say you like him.

3. LILuke

Just something to consider. Sometimes it's better to ask a question that avoids labels than directly asking if someone is gay. For example, something like "Do you date boys?" is often easier for a person to answer, because it caters to a wider group than just those who identify as 'gay'. Unfortunately if he's in the closet and doesn't want to admit it then you're just going to have to leave it be. There's nothing to be gained from trying to drag him out.

4. Robellious

mhmm I think you guys are right about this, ill try to get to know him and actually I like the whole "do you date boys?" thing much more than asking if they're gay. i dont know but it just sounds more serious and less.. label-y

5. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aww this is so cute. I wish I had met more cute guys when I was 14...
    do you have any classes or something with him? If so you can use them to get to know him a bit

6. RainyViolinist

Wish there were more cute guys at my school : /. I'm so jealous of you :lol:!