1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Birthday present for my ex?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by haterade, Sep 25, 2013.

1. haterade

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    After almost half a year of not talking, I reached out to my ex to be friends again. Turns out he missed me and would like to be friends, also. I was the one who messed up the relationship, I did some pretty shitty things to him. I instantly regretted it because he's the only person I really care about.
    Anyways, he wants to be friends and "see where it goes". He says he doesn't know what he wants yet, but I have a pretty strong feeling that we will date again. His birthday is coming up soon, and I want to get him a meaningful and sweet present to make him happy. He mentioned he needed new flannels, so it's a no-brainer to buy him one. I was also thinking of making him cookies and buying him a season of our favorite show on DVD. Do you think this is thoughtful or overkill? :help:

2. penguin machine

I think it's sweet. Those are wonderful presents from anyone, friend OR girlfriend. They'll go a long way to showing him you care.

I don't even get cake for my birthday anymore >_>

3. i wouldnt go to ott, i would personally just get him one thing not 3 as you are only just friends again it might come off the wrong way.

idk thats just me though.

4. haterade

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    The thing is though I feel like we are playing this game where I need to prove myself again. I just want to shower him with affection and show him that I deserve a second chance. I think that's why he is allowing us to be friends, because normally he finds it very hard to be just friends with me. Maybe I will just do two things? I don't know. Ahhh.

5. Mister Gaga

I'd say go for the three gifts. They're sweet. The cookies for the present, the DVDs for the medium term and the flannels for the long-term :grin:

Hoping you the best for your possible future relationship.