1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crush..

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by shyjack, Sep 26, 2013.

1. shyjack

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've known this guy (for the purpose of this thread lets call him Crush) for roughly three years. He's really cute, bi, and I'm pretty sure he would like being in a gay relationship. I really really like him, and we've had some really cute moments.
    Here's the catch: he is in a relationship.. a really good one.
    So, I just move on? I just quit?

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    sigh...yes, unfortunately.

Who said life was fair?

3. Englishlad

Its hard but move on. Life can be tough sometimes.

4. Silver Sparrow

Write down all the bad things about him (like in HIMYM)!

5. GirlWhoWaited

I would suggest putting your feelings on the back burner. It isn't a crime to like somebody. It's great that you appreciate him so much as a person to think of him that way. But if he's taken and happy, as his friend, you have to respect that. He can still be a part of your life (so long as you can handle it), just not necessarily in the way you'd like most. If you can put your feelings aside for now, who knows? Maybe nothing romantic will ever happen, but your friendship will grow. Maybe, somewhere down the line, you'll grow into something more if he becomes available. I would just be supportive and see where things go. Good luck. (*hug*)

6. LILuke

This. Just be careful that you don't start banking on him eventually breaking up with his significant other and falling into your lap. And don't be afraid to pursue other relationships either.

As has been stated above, sometimes life just sucks. :/

7. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Unfortunately, there's not a lot you can do :frowning2:
    You can try getting closer to him, and he might gradually start to like you and possibly when his current relationship ends he will be willing to start one with you. But that's a lot of things to depend on. Also, you can't really try to break up a happy relationship (unless you're ok with hurting somebody...)
    You could also just wait and see if his relationship continues or ends in the near future. Are you guys in school?

8. Werbinich

Wait patiently or move on: either could be excruciating, believe me, I've been through both. But when the right time comes Mr. Right will come, no matter if it is Crush or not. By then, you'd be so occupied by love to remember though the vague memory would still be there.

9. GirlWhoWaited

Agreed. It's a tough line to walk, and it's important to make sure you're being fair to Crush and to yourself.

10. sirenscall

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just do whatever you can do. I know exactly what you're going through and it's not going to be easy but just keep it on the low for now. Who knows, maybe him and his SO will break up, maybe not. Just live your life as you can, others will come along and hell, maybe it'll be him, maybe it won't.

We're all here for you though to help whenever you can. :slight_smile: