1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

heated debate *vent*

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by flyinhernikes, Sep 27, 2013.

1. ive posted a few times about rules in my house (as i still live at home...) and yes i get rules are rules but just asbdfhjgasdhjfbsdm.

for some reason i have to tell my mum where im going all the time, im 21 and i have to justify going out still like i was 15. i can never just say 'im going out be back at x time ill call you if my plans change'. i never come home EVER past 9.30-10pm, like i know all of my friends do. i always have to say 'im going out BECAUSE ______ be back at x time'.

last night however i left a not saying 'dont know when ill be back, ill call you if im going to be late'. so my mum text me asking where i was and i said ___ (literally 20 mins up the road) be back at x time. so she text back saying 'ok xx' i was like YESSSS i dont have to justify where i am or where im going. wrong.

so i got home and my mum asked me who i was with where i was e.t.c so i HAD to tell her and i really didnt want too. i was with my friend and i like her as she does me but i had to tell her when i wasnt ready to. then she goes on about how i could of been with anyone a pedo e.t.c and i was like well... no.

so then the discussion gets sort of heated and i start crying (lol). then it went something like this;

mum; youre so secretive, you never tell me anything. (she never tells me anything...)

me; every time ive told you something you shrug it off and dont care, so why bother?

mum; ive never done that

me; you have the few relationships ive been in, youve never asked how they were or
    anything and when ive spoken about them youre never interested and it makes me feel like i have to hide who im with because you dont like it because youve said 'no you sholdnt hold hands with ___ because ill get a name for myself and its okay to be gay just dont shout about it'

mum; yeah its okay but just dont go shouting about it, i dont mind who youre with.

shes giving me mixed messages about everything, how can she not mind who im with but expect me to keep it a secret, a secret from her a secret to my friends to who?
    surely i shouldnt have to justify going out as she never does? she just goes ill be back at x time if im in the house...

i just needed to vent before i actually talk to her later on tonight. it sound stupid but i was really upset and still am whenevr we attempt to talk about anything involving who im with or w/e. :icon_sad::icon_sad::icon_sad::icon_sad:

2. prism

I know it's frustrating, but your parents do that because they love you. I'm at home visiting my parents right now, but I normally live in the middle of Manhattan, where I frequently stay out all night.

My parents went out last night, so I walked them out and decided to feed a stray cat. They wouldn't drive away until I went back inside the house. It made me feel like I was 10, but I know my parents can't help but be protective when they have the opportunity to.

Your mom sounds a lot like mine. She is completely okay with my sexuality, but doesn't necessarily want me declaring it to the world because there are people who aren't as supportive.

I know none of this is what you want to hear when you're venting, but I personally would not be able to deal with some of my parents' decisions unless I was able to force myself to see things from their perspectives. c:

3. Joey4

Age makes no difference to some parents. You're still a 16 year old to your mom, especially if you're living a 16 year old life style.

What do you do now that you weren't doing when you were 16? Or, what 21 year old things are you doing?