1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I ask her out?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Reader, Sep 27, 2013.

1. Reader

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm going to get to the point.
    There is a girl I like, and I know she is into girls too, and I think she likes me back.
    But I am worried that I only think the latter because I like her so much.
    She starts messages like "Did you know... that you have a really lovely smile?" and talks about things like how she wants to be in a relationship but how "guys are douches". (Sorry guys here).
    I don't want to make it awkward between us, but yeah, should I? If so, how on earth do I go about it? I have never done this before :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2. Femmeme

It sounds like she's into you and throwing out hints. If you just aren't ready to ask her on a date, then just ask her to hang out, friendly like, and see where things go from there.

3. leer

maybe you should see if you can spend so time with her.it does sound like she wont make it to difficult for you .

4. iHateThinking

You could always ask her to hang out first, or if you're feeling brave, ask her on a date. There's no harm in asking, the worst thing that could happen is she says no.

Or you could take the really blunt route (which I did, but my god it was nerve wracking!) and ask her if she likes you. But be careful with this one! It can be a bit of a blindside if brought up suddenly. If you're gonna ask if she's interested as well, slowly bring it up in a conversation then, when the topic of interests comes up, you can ask her if she is interested.

Good luck. :slight_smile:

5. bexerin

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Like some of the other comments said, I'd ask her to just hang out with you. Just the two of you. Then, let it progress from there. Good luck! :slight_smile:

6. BiPenguin

Ask her out. :slight_smile:

7. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Do something simple like going out for coffee or lunch. That way, you have something to do (drinking/eating) and for a set amount of time (how long it takes to drink/eat), but really the main point is just to talk one-on-one and get to know each other better, in which case you will get a clearer picture if she really is interested in you. After you're finished with the food, then the only reason you two would not leave is if you're conversation was engaging.

8. LILuke

Sounds like she's definitely into you, why not try spending a bit of time together to see if the two of you are compatible and then seeing where things go from there?