1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to go about this?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Perhaps, Sep 27, 2013.

1. Perhaps

Hello everyone~. How are you doing?

Ok, so one of my friends recommended this guy I should date/ask to go to homecoming with. Thing is, I don't even know the guy. I know his name and how he looks. I want to get to know to know the person... But don't know how to go about it. I was thnking of addng him on Facebook... But if he accepts, what do I say?

P.S: I am a senior in high school... I got no classes with the guy, or see him at anytime.

2. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Try to get an opportunity to meet him / talk to him in person? Maybe through mutual friends? Most people are nice when you get to know them at parties / events with other friends

3. Perhaps

There is a car wash I have to go to today and he might be there. If I do see him, what can I say? I can be very shy around new people.

4. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Find out more about him, then ask him questions about those things, especially a common interest. Do the standard small talk of what grade he's in, what classes he's taking, what he likes to do for fun, etc. Does he know you're bi? Do you know for sure his sexuality? Friending him on facebook may provide a low risk way to find out this info.

5. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Talk to your friend who suggested him and ask why he/she thinks you two would be a good match, what you have in common etc... maybe ask if that friend is going to some event he might be at as well (upcoming party, school event, etc) so he/she could introduce you two?

6. Werbinich

Become friends first. It would be a great leap board if anything wonderful happens later. If your shy, just say hi first and see if he starts a topic or not. If not, start it by things you think you might share in common. School perhaps?

7. Perhaps

Thank you all for your commentary~. My friend recommended him to me, so I would hope he has an interest in guys. I did a car wash yesterday, which he was there... But I don't think it went too well. I'm going to ask my friend tomorrow about it... But I don't want to be so annoying about it. I want to get to know the guy, but I don't want to bother my friend about it.

And if I do add him on Facebook, and he accepts, what can I say?

8. Werbinich

A simple hi would do it. Just don't let the atmosphere turn dry unless he is not responding. Chatting on Facebook, without eye contact, is a lot easier than you think.

9. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Why did it not go well at the car wash?

I don't think your friend would be bothered since he/she obviously has some idea you two may be a good match (however, that's not for certain if your friend is straight and just assumes two gay guys will be compatible).

+1 to just chatting (use private messages, not posting on his wall). The main thing with FB is you'll see what his interests are, without having to ask them.

10. Perhaps

The reason why I think that it didn't go well was the fact that I think I came off as rude or something(I'm not sure, I'm not good with this stuff...). I asked if my friend(the one who recommended him) had talked to him(my friend was going to talk to him during lunch and tell the guy about me or something).

As for the comparability thing, I think that we share a few interests together.

11. ianm

ianm Guest

Thats good to hear I hope everything gose well.