1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Homophobic dad?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Zinnia, Sep 27, 2013.

1. Zinnia

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've known this girl, let's call her S, for several months now. She's lesbian, and we just starting going out last weekend, on Sunday. Like completely official, we've kissed and everything. She's awesome. I love her.
    But during the week, S is home schooled by the way, so during the week I was going to go over to her house for a sleep over. Just a regular old sleepover, and then her dad was going to drive me to school the next morning.
    But then S came out to her dad the morning of the sleepover, and it turns out he's extremely homophobic and wouldn't let me come over.
    He called my mom and told her that she's a bad parent because of my sexual orientation. And as if THAT weren't enough, when I tried to text S the next day, he texted me back with her phone saying that he doesn't want me contacting his daughter anymore and that I'm not allowed to see her again and that my parents may condone "disgusting behavior" but he doesn't.
    S and I are still texting, she just has to delete all the messages from her history afterwards. She said her dad's trying to set her up with some boy she's never met before.
    He's not religious or anything, he's just really homophobic.

So I really don't know what to do. We still love each other, we still want to be together, but her dad won't let her out of the house alone anymore. What should I do? We're still texting, but it can't just go on like this forever. I have to either figure out how to get past her dad or we break up. Does any body have any advice? Please?

2. lseiesrbroa

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sorry Zinnia that sucks my dad was like that at first it does get better trust me now every once and a while he even asks me something about my girlfriend.

3. Zinnia

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't know it will get better though. There's some people out there who never change no matter matter what and my girlfriend's dad might be one of them. Maybe he'll to terms with it, but there's absolutely nothing I can do to see her again if he doesn't

4. lseiesrbroa

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just try to stick through it I know how hard it is not being able to see your girlfriend, my girlfriend and I live 4 hours apart.