1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this normal?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Theatertennis17, Sep 27, 2013.

1. Theatertennis17

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I came out to my parents last, the last people I wanted to tell one on one before being fully out. Ever since I told them I always get this feeling like something is wrong in my gut, and I have done everything in my power to stay away from them. I know that it hasn't even been twenty four hours, but is this normal? Will this just go away with time?

2. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What did they say when you came out to them? If they left you unsatisfied with coming out to them I can understand why you might feel like that

3. newgirl31

For me my "coming out" is still in progress and with some I got that same "feeling like something is wrong in my gut"... But in my case it's seems it is just the insecurity of being vulnerable that comes after telling my truth. But then I remember nothing really has changed...I am the same person I was before I told them and that seems to help. I spent a long time in denial and faking who I was so I am so happy for you living your truth so early! (*hug*)

4. Incognito10

How are they at communicating?

Can you ask them if they would like to talk? You can tell them if they do not want to talk now, you're always available. I think this would really show maturity on your part and open the lines of communication since you seem to be sensing something is different. Avoidance probably is not the best method.