1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel like I'm going to screw this up.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Spirit, Sep 27, 2013.

1. Spirit

So, last year I fell hard for my friend, "V". I couldn't figure out if she was gay or bi, but I still liked her. She was actually pretty crappy towards me, bailed out on our plans a lot. We didn't end up doing anything together until May. We went to see a movie, and I decided to take a chance. I leaned my head on her shoulder, and I could feel her tense up. We had a nice conversation afterwards, but it was never addressed. Ever.

Then earlier this week, we were staying after school for theater, and I casually came out to her while telling her a story. (It would've been impossible not to tell the story with out saying it.) When I was done, she casually mentioned that she's bisexual. We had a really good talk about sexuality that strengthened our friendship. We're most likely going to see each other this weekend. I'm worried that some the feelings I had for her are starting to come back. I talked to one of my friends about this. She seriously shook my shoulders and told me 'this girl breaks hearts'.

I'm worried that this weekend, I'm going to have another dumb idea like I did in the theater. A small voice in my head keeps asking if this is a date, but I know it isn't. I really want to be friends, but I'm scared that somehow I am going to f-this up. What do I do about his? I'm really freaked out.

2. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I guess if she casually said she was bi, it probably means she won't have a big problem with you. I would suggest just being friends for a while, and seeing what kind of a person she is, before getting into anything too serious

3. Spirit

Thanks man. The part about just trying to be her friend helps, especially since it's probably not a date.

4. Pat

Pat

Well, my advice in these situations is.. things are going to happen as they will. It's going to be a period of time that you have no control over and may be unable to prepare for. I'd say to just live in the moment and if you see fit, go ahead and let her know how you felt about her. The truth of the matter is.. she doesn't seem all that interested in you, but time changes things. And interactions with people. The key to dealing with someone you like is sometimes to desensitize yourself to them and act nonchalantly toward them in return. Be cool and not desperate. It's hard to do, but worth a try. :/