1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling completely lost...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by MamaAnnie, Sep 27, 2013.

1. MamaAnnie

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi everyone...:smilewave
    So I have a bit of a problem and I'm tired of tryin to do this alone! Im a single mom to a special needs little girl who will be 5 next month. I am a lesbian. My family knows this...Although a few of them greatly disapprove (my oldest sister went on FB rant about how I was messing up my daughters life by choosing to follow my heart) I broke up with the woman of my dreams earlier this year because she couldn't keep her hands off a guy friend and she ended up moving in with him...so here I am...alone, again.

I constantly hear remarks from people around me that I'm just doing this for attention....but really I am not. I grew up in a family that wasn't very supportive of this type of relationship. I have plenty of support from my friends...most of them have known for years and those that just recently found out have offered to support me in so many ways. Even my very conservative bff told me she would attend the wedding if she knew it made me happy...she also says it explains a lot of her relationship with me.

Because of the situations the surround my life I am not able to go out and meet other people..I've tried dating websites, but it seems that I'm just not good at talking to people in general (I talk on the phone for a living...but when it comes to things that arent scripted out I have a hard time getting the words out) I guess it would just be nice to talk to someone at this point. I'm not sure how to do anything right it seems...and having to take care of my daughter has put a strain on how I go about dating, and its only getting worse as I become more reclusive.

I know not everyone will accept me in this path that I am on, I guess thats why I feel lost...specially in the community I live in...When people find out that I'm a mom and a lesbian, they tend to treat me as im just all around bad for them.

~Annie~