1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not good at keeping friends

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by JayR, Sep 27, 2013.

1. JayR

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm an introvert guy, but not antisocial. It's different.A lot of my old friends have pretty much became strangers. I blame myself for being not so good at communicating with them. I tend to be independent and I don't like the idea of being dependent to others that much. This involves my high school friends. After our graduation, I barely communicated with them. Now I miss them a lot, and I don't know how to rekindle our friendship. We're all in different colleges now so I understand if they excuse themselves for being busy. I have my own college friends now, but I still wanna be friends with them, and i regret for letting them drift away. Especially one of them was my best friend, now it's been almost a year, and we didn't even chat,text or call. Not even once. So I think it would awkward for both of us. I miss them so much.
    I also have this feeling that they're ignoring me a lot lately.
    Any advice?

2. Saint Otaku

I'm in the same boat, so i'm here to empathize, not to give advice. In my experience, I can't help but have friends float away, and I feel like it's beginning to happen with my current cycle of friends, for they're becoming ridiculously zealous in their beliefs and extremely critical of mine, but I haven't enough heart to talk to them about it.

I've had many friends move away and it seems like that's just how it goes -- we just have to keep moving also. I think my problem, and possibly yours, is that we need the physical presence to bond with people, so when they stretch in distance, so the friendship also stretches. I do miss them all though... :/

3. Bebop

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Text them, talk to them online, organise to do something, or just in general put it on yourself to try to reconnect with them and keep it up; ignore the fact it may be awkward you're going to regret not trying in the end way more, I mean you're already regretting not staying in touch. If they seem to avoid you or not put in any effort on their end though you may have to move on.

4. Beth1

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Be honest with them and I think they'll get it.