1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First heartbreak

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Twinkletoes81xx, Sep 28, 2013.

1. Twinkletoes81xx

At the start of the year I became friends with this girl and we were really close. I always saw her just as a friend and nothing more. Then one time we spend the day together and she slept over at my house. At the sleepover we experimented and got really close and the next morning I woke up in her arms (we didn't go far, mostly just cuddling). I thought this was just a one off but then I went over to her house and it happened again. She kept saying she loved me and I thought she meant it, even though she was straight. We never labeled our relationship as anything but it was obvious that we were now more than friends. She was everything to me and I loved her so much. I had never been with someone like that before and the experience was quite overwhelming as we rushed into it.

Then a few months later she broke up with me. I then found out that she had experimented with many other girls before and that she actually didn't love me at all. I feel really used and this is my first heartbreak. I also feel stupid for being with someone who I knew wouldn't be able to feel the same way. I should of gotten over it by now but I don't know how, even though I don't even want to be with her. :icon_sad:

2. Tyrael

Hi there, first of all I'm very sorry to hear about that. It's never a nice thing to have your heart broken :frowning2: and although I've not experienced it quite the same as you have, I have also been hurt by several people I thought cared for me.

This is unfortunately quite typical of someone around your age, experimenting and having very little thought for the consequences. It seems you are simply more mature and were feeling things more deeply than she was. Please don't blame yourself for this, you're not stupid at all. In fact you have simply displayed that you are further developed than she is. You lived in hope that she might feel the same way, and sometimes all we have is hope! So don't feel bad about that. Perhaps you're finding it hard to let go of the whole situation not because of how you feel about her (since you said you're not interested now), but because of how you have judged yourself based on the outcome? You need to come to terms with the fact it wasn't your fault, and that we all sometimes invest our emotions and our hearts, in something we can't have or fully develop. There's nothing wrong with it and you're not the only one :slight_smile: I hope this helps and sorry it's so long, I don't do short posts I guess...

3. Twinkletoes81xx

Thanks, this helps a lot. :slight_smile: