1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

She said she's attracted to me. Was she serious? or just drunk?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ogzltheeve, Sep 29, 2013.

1. ogzltheeve

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    last night i went out with friends from school. one of the girls that was there had one too many drinks. we have classes together but in general we don't really hang out or talk like that. we hit up the bar, had a few drinks, and then we all went to the dance floor. danced with everyone casually. then she starts dancing with me a little more than usual. no big deal. so while we're dancing she gives me this stare and then pulls me to the side away from our other friends to talk to me privately. she starts saying how she's into guys AND girls and that no one knows but me. then she starts confessing her attraction to me. i tell her that she's just drunk and not really sure of what she's saying right now. then she tries to prove it and pulls me outside. she starts blabbing about how she's having a hard time with her sexuality and then starts to tear up almost to the point where she almost cries. so i try to comfort. but in my mind i just think she's really drunk. so then she begs me to kiss her and forces herself on me and we make out for a few seconds outside. she asks for another one but this time i told her that we need to meet up back with our other friends. she tells me not to tell a soul about her secret then we walk back in the bar separately. and while we meet back on the dance floor she starts dancing with me again and asks for another kiss. in front of our friends this time but i ignore her. To be honest I was really caught off guard by her actions last time. in class she NEVER acknowledges me. so i find it random that all of a sudden she admits her attraction to me. it was rather confusing. and i'm still puzzled. I honestly don't think she was that serious and actually wants anything more. but do you guys think she's serious or just drunk? I'm not really attracted to her in that kind of way. and Yes i am a lesbian and she knew this beforehand. but i think after last night things might become slightly awkward.

2. TheCatLady

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think she could have been drunk AND serious...when I was in deep denial I got drunk really often and I was always trying to kiss other girls...some people (if not all) cannot hide themselves anymore when they are drunk...in italy we say "in vino veritas", to say that we are usually more sincere after a few drinks...:slight_smile: talk to her, and if you can try to help her as a friend to accept herself...it seems she needs it...

3. BiPenguin

Sounds to me that she was being honest with the help of liquid courage. Alcohol can be an excellent motivator to remove personal inhibitions allowing us to do things we normally would not do or say. I'd say that you should befriend privately such as over coffee.

4. biggayguy

It seems like she was serious but just needed some alcohol to loosen up. If she can't tell you her feelings sober I would keep her at arms length.

5. GirlWhoWaited

Even if you're not into her, she sounds like she needs to talk to somebody. You might consider asking her to have lunch or coffee or something. I know I've been on her end of things, and I would love to have a friend to talk it over with sometimes.

6. ogzltheeve

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Well here's the thing I don't normally confront people. I think it would make her feel uncomfortable if I confronted her too. Today it was a slightly awkward seeing her in class. We made very little conversation and pretended like nothing happened. To be honest I feel like she should have confront the issue regardless. Whether it be through text or in person. She's actually the one that made the move and is going on about things nonchalantly like nothing ever happened. I'm getting the feeling that she did it and doesn't care anymore. We aren't even that close of friends. I feel like she should have at least apologized - not because I'm offended by what she did but because she went on about it like nothing happened. I mean I get that it's weird bringing it up while you're sober but she's the one that has me confused about what she's really thinking and if she was serious.

7. biggayguy

She may have "blacked out" and not even remember what she did. She may remember being very drunk but nothing beyond that. I would ask her what she remembers about that night. She may not realize that an apology might be needed.

8. Miss Loopy

She's obviously trusting of you or she wouldn't have told you that. Attracted to her or not, it sounds like she needs someone to talk to and you seem to be her ideal candidate :wink:

9. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree, alcohol is liquid courage and I think she was being sincere about her feelings for you. And like, someone else has mentioned, she may not remember and if she does, she's probably slightly embarrassed. Especially, with the way she exposed herself to you, so I think you should talk to her about it. Write her a little note in class or just ask her out for lunch and discuss things.

I've been drunk before and my true emotions usually come out, and that's when the night turns into confession night :grin:

#9 pinklov3ly, Sep 30, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
  10. ogzltheeve

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Okay so here's the twist to the story which i'm just now finding out now. So a mutual friend of ours was there too. He's also NOT really good friends with her. more like an acquaintance. so after this all happens we go back on the dance floor which i have already stated before, and tries to dance with me but i ignore her, so she dances with our mutual guy friend whom she also pulls outside and makes out with him too and tells him that she's always had a crush on him. which shocked him as well. so now i'm think she might be a crazy drunk person who hooks up with everyone.